Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Dumbest Comment I Ever Heard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It happoned to me ...

It happoned to me last Friday. I was wearing a dark gray, double breasted suit and a "C" crown fedora with a 2 3/4 inch brim (the same one as in my avatar photo). This new employee came up to me in front of the cafeteria and said, "Mr. Brown, I just love that cowboy hat you are wearing. You really look good in it." :eek: :eek: :eek:

Well, she was a new employee. She was young and very cute. I think she was trying to flirt a little, so the comment about the "cowboy hat" will be overlooked. ;)

Orvil Newton

One of the Regulars
MIstaken identity

While wearing my Montchristi fino optimo in Honolulu (With handmade feather lei hatband), a man approached me and said "You're wearing one of my hats." I said "Excuse me?". "I own Dorfman Pacific. That's one of our products.". I removed the hat and showed him the inside. "It sure looks like one of ours." he said." My response: "Hardly.":rolleyes:

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Big Man said:
It happoned to me last Friday. I was wearing a dark gray, double breasted suit and a "C" crown fedora with a 2 3/4 inch brim (the same one as in my avatar photo). This new employee came up to me in front of the cafeteria and said, "Mr. Brown, I just love that cowboy hat you are wearing. You really look good in it." :eek: :eek: :eek:

Well, she was a new employee. She was young and very cute. I think she was trying to flirt a little, so the comment about the "cowboy hat" will be overlooked. ;)
:eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: Everybody loves a firefighter...shakeshead shakeshead lol

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Orvil Newton said:
While wearing my Montchristi fino optimo in Honolulu (With handmade feather lei hatband), a man approached me and said "You're wearing one of my hats." I said "Excuse me?". "I own Dorfman Pacific. That's one of our products.". I removed the hat and showed him the inside. "It sure looks like one of ours." he said." My response: "Hardly.":rolleyes:
You should just sail over to South America and get another one from Panama Bob since you lost it.:D :D
P.S. from the other thread.

Big Man said:

Isn't it interesting how the cuter they are the less dumb their comments sound. ;) :p

Orvil Newton said:

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Orvil Newton

One of the Regulars
Jovan said:
I realise you may not like their hats, but I would have exercised a bit more friendliness than that...

Its not that I don't like their products. Quite the contrary, I've owned quite a few and, in fact, as a buyer for a specialty sports retailer in Honolulu many years ago, bought and sold many dozens of Dorfmans. They have their place to be sure and, before I got my Optimo, I bought a new Dorfman "Panama" every year; a very serviceable hat, and now that I've lost my favorite I'll likely get another Dorfman. With my current lifestyle, traveling by boat and living aboard, it doesn't make much sense to spend so much on something so easily ruined. But for the owner of the company to confuse a $500 genuine Montechristi with a forty dollar Dorfman, well......

That's the subject of the thread, is it not?

OTOH, it was on the steps of the Harbor Pub and perhaps he had already imbibed. In any case, we went in and had a couple of cold draft beers together so it was not as unfriendly as it may have appeared from my earlier post:D

Orvil Newton

One of the Regulars
indycop said:
You should just sail over to South America and get another one from Panama Bob since you lost it.:D :D
P.S. from the other thread.

I'll be in the Pacific Northwest for another eighteen months or so, then South to Mexico, then to French Polynesia, OZ and NZ. After that, perhaps around the Horn and up the East Coast of SA and on to Europe so it would fit into the general plan:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe