Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Dumbest Comment I Ever Heard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Neophyte said:
I'm highly skeptical that wearing a fedora will do anything more on my college campus than reinforce the "eccentric" half of "eccentric loner." lol lol lol

Yes, but it will make you the "stylish eccentric" and that will mean that people will wish they were your friends, but you will be too cool to approach, so unfortunately, still a loner.

Mr Vim

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
lol lol lol lol lol You should have added: "I'll give you a thirty second head start just to make it sporting.";)

That's great, that would have been better. I should have pulled the picture of my niece out of my pocket as if it was a photo of him also!

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Neophyte said:
I simply thought you were referencing a particular scheme of mine that I explained to my fellow Loungers in the "How Much Rain can an Akubra Take?" thread, in which I devised a scheme to get my parents to provide funds for a new hat when I believed that one of mine had been ruined by severe weather I was forced, by them, to endure.

Hi

I just sent out an old joke which ends in:

"Don't mess with old men, they didn't get old by being stupid."

This probably holds true for most seasoned ladies also. By the way, I'm 49, but not holding all that well.

Later

Neophyte

Yeps said:
Yes, but it will make you the "stylish eccentric" and that will mean that people will wish they were your friends, but you will be too cool to approach, so unfortunately, still a loner.

lol Alright, you've convinced me. As long as I think I'm cool and no one else would dare approach me and tell me otherwise, I'm free to live in my own little world. :D

jwalls

Vendor
1961MJS said:
Hi

I just sent out an old joke which ends in:

"Don't mess with old men, they didn't get old by being stupid."

This probably holds true for most seasoned ladies also. By the way, I'm 49, but not holding all that well.

Later
My son always tells his friends " Don't mess with old guys. Old guys know sh.. you never thought of".shakeshead shakeshead shakeshead

VitaminG

One of the Regulars
Neophyte said:
lol Alright, you've convinced me. As long as I think I'm cool and no one else would dare approach me and tell me otherwise, I'm free to live in my own little world. :D
that's how I've been getting by for the last 3 and a bit decades lol lol

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Literally ten minutes ago, I was approached at my local park while walking by a man passing through, also going for a walk himself I guess. He actually had said, "That's a nice Indiana Jones hat," to which I shyly responded, "Well yeah, thanks! It actually looked a bit more like the Indiana Jones hat a while ago, but I had reshaped it," in turn explaining why the fedora was partially wet. He seemed to be appreciative of it, and then asked, "Is it a Stetson?" I told him that it was an Akubra, made in Australia, and even showed him the liner inside (a sweat stained mess really, it's been with me on many journeys and strenuous hikes). I politely told him, "Have a nice day," as he we started walking again. He seemed friendly. I think this was a compliment, granted, but I thought I'd share this with you guys here. Ironically, I have not heard one remark on my hat for the past couple of months. This was a first for a while. When I do get such remarks, I'm a bit shy about it, but I try to appear calm and collected, and even explain when necessary.

JPH

Familiar Face
Mr Vim said:
I'm very pleased with this conversation:

A few days ago, while I was in a lounge having a drink, I was asked if I was a hitman for the mafia, I looked up, and stared at the man for a moment as if to recognize him, then said, "actually, its funny you mention it" and reached into my jacket as if to grab a weapon, the man became visibly uncomfortable. I felt bad, bought him a beer to make amends.

Classic.
I might have shot him a quick look, glanced around the room to make sure no one else heard the comment, then gave him the hard, heavy-brow stare, then just put my finger to my lips and gone back to my drink without a word.

Joseph
Leave 'em guessing.

Chainsaw

Suspended
I was driving downtown the other day wearing my flat cap, and some guy timidly calls me a a@@hole. the guy almost got recycled as he tried to make a left in front of my car, and had to slam on his brakes. It's a 87' it's paid for. I take it as a compliment.

Neophyte

Chainsaw said:
I was driving downtown the other day wearing my flat cap, and some guy timidly calls me a a@@hole. the guy almost got recycled as he tried to make a left in front of my car, and had to slam on his brakes. It's a 87' it's paid for. I take it as a compliment.

lol I guess a person just doesn't sound so cool when they're smeared 30 feet across the pavement.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Chainsaw said:

Did any of this actually have to do with the hat, or was it the result of his embarrassment at making a boneheaded driving maneuver?

Elgin1924

New in Town
I get a lot from kids (who I can forgive for their ... comments).

"Are you a detective" is a popular one, for some reason. If I was a detective, why would I wear clothes conspicious enough to cause an obligation in children to ask me if I am one?

"You look stupid" is pretty common, as well. Or, "Why are you wearing that?"

I just homour them until they go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe