Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Dumbest Comment I Ever Heard

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
elvisroe said:
I've worn my Akubra Hampton through the summer down here and a good fur hat does seem to stand out. I wear it pretty casually (often with polo shirt, shorts and flip flops) and find I get a lot of "nice hat" type comments and have not had a negative one yet.
DSCN3737.jpg

That's a great pic elvisroe! I haven't seen a picture of the Akubra Hampton before...it's a nice hat!

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I went to Dances of Vice in NYC a few nights ago with the Fedora Lounge's own Senator Jack, DHermann1, Club Wit's End, and Mr Bern as well as a few other people. Apparently some high school band was playing at the venue before Dances of Vice began and the high school kids were still there.

One 16 year old kid saw us and, no doubt hopped up on Jolt Cola, saw the many fedora-wearing persons and yelled inanely yet offensively "HEY MAFIA HEY I'M IN THE MAFIA TOO HEY THAT'S COOL THAT YOU'RE IN THE MAFIA HEY I'M FROM A MAFIA FAMILY" until one of the people -- who shall remain unnamed for obvious reasons -- grabbed him by the throat and said "I'm not in the Mafia, but I WILL murder you." The kid tried to push the guy off but he was too small.

Apparently the kid then got a bouncer to take him into the club to look for the offending "mafioso" but this quest was unsuccessful.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Doran said:
I went to Dances of Vice in NYC a few nights ago with the Fedora Lounge's own Senator Jack, DHermann1, Club Wit's End, and Mr Bern as well as a few other people. Apparently some high school band was playing at the venue before Dances of Vice began and the high school kids were still there.

One 16 year old kid saw us and, no doubt hopped up on Jolt Cola, saw the many fedora-wearing persons and yelled inanely yet offensively "HEY MAFIA HEY I'M IN THE MAFIA TOO HEY THAT'S COOL THAT YOU'RE IN THE MAFIA HEY I'M FROM A MAFIA FAMILY" until one of the people -- who shall remain unnamed for obvious reasons -- grabbed him by the throat and said "I'm not in the Mafia, but I WILL murder you." The kid tried to push the guy off but he was too small.

Apparently the kid then got a bouncer to take him into the club to look for the offending "mafioso" but this quest was unsuccessful.

Good story, good story! :)

Dr Doran

The funniest part is that when the kid went into the club with the bouncer to confront his "assailant," the fellow who was incorrectly accused of assaulting the kid asked calmly, "Now, why would someone grab you by the throat? That doesn't make any sense. Were you perhaps annoying or goading this person who allegedly grabbed you by the throat? Did you say anything annoying or offensive to him?"
And the kid said "NO! HE JUST GRABBED ME BY THE THROAT FOR NO REASON."
A bizarre story which made the bouncer immediately very suspicious of the kid, and rightfully trusting toward the reasonable man asking reasonable questions whom the kid had unjustly accused of assault ...

Dr Doran

Widebrim said:
Hmmm...I tend to think it was a native New Yorker, but one never knows what "evil" lurks in the heart of a Berkeley man...:rolleyes:

I keep my nose clean. It was someone else I tell ya.

Dr Doran

dhermann1 said:
Yeah, it was the old geezer with the cane from the Bronx that made that poor little semi intoxicated adolescent from the suburbs get all trembly chinned. lol

Je ne sais rien. Et je ne regrette rien, aussi.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Maybe not so dumb, and not offensive, but yesterday an elderly gentleman stopped me on the street and told me I looked just like Hank Williams. We had a nice little chat about old guitars.

Fedora Jay

Familiar Face
I wore my grey Knox twenty to work today, and I made it through most of the day before someone finally dropped a comment. He said that I reminded him of a private eye, y'know, that cartoon with the duck. I said, "You mean Duckman?" and he get excited and went, "Yeah! thats it, you look like Duckman!". He walked off, saying "Duckman" to himself. I don't ever remember Duckman wearing a hat, just Cornfed. . .

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Dinerman said:
Maybe not so dumb, and not offensive, but yesterday an elderly gentleman stopped me on the street and told me I looked just like Hank Williams. We had a nice little chat about old guitars.

You've never met an angel before?

Doran said:

lol lol lol lol lol lol
Reminds me of Jeff Duham---I kill you! lol

Fedora Jay said:
I wore my grey Knox twenty to work today, and I made it through most of the day before someone finally dropped a comment. He said that I reminded him of a private eye, y'know, that cartoon with the duck. I said, "You mean Duckman?" and he get excited and went, "Yeah! thats it, you look like Duckman!". He walked off, saying "Duckman" to himself. I don't ever remember Duckman wearing a hat, just Cornfed. . .

Geez, how old was this guy watching cartoons in his mother's basement? :rolleyes:
I always consider the source when you get comments like that. The poor insane man could just need his medication. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe