Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Disney Diner

TimmyV

One of the Regulars
I always hoped to find a wide brim Mr. Disney fedora that I could afford but until yesterday it was only a dream. Finally ran across this one on Etsy and it turned out to be located about 45 minutes from me so I was able to go pick it up in person . I really like the fit and finish of this hat and can see what the fuss is all about ! Mr. Disney Fifteen...for your viewing pleasure.
20240601_181603.jpg
20240601_125449.jpg
20240601_125502.jpg
20240601_125542.jpg
20240601_125559.jpg
20240601_125613.jpg

Mighty44

One Too Many
I always hoped to find a wide brim Mr. Disney fedora that I could afford but until yesterday it was only a dream. Finally ran across this one on Etsy and it turned out to be located about 45 minutes from me so I was able to go pick it up in person . I really like the fit and finish of this hat and can see what the fuss is all about ! Mr. Disney Fifteen...for your viewing pleasure.
View attachment 618313 View attachment 618314 View attachment 618316 View attachment 618317 View attachment 618318 View attachment 618319
Fantastic hat!

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 618313 View attachment 618314 View attachment 618316 View attachment 618317 View attachment 618318 View attachment 618319
A wonderful find, Timmy. Rings all the bells for me. Congrats!

gilligan

One of the Regulars
I have a question about the Disney Hats. Does the labeling "Disney Hats" precede the "Mr. Disney" labeling and is "Dupont Aridex water repellent" indictive of the 1940s or the 1950s?

I have a question about the Disney Hats. Does the labeling "Disney Hats" precede the "Mr. Disney" labeling and is "Dupont Aridex water repellent" indictive of the 1940s or the 1950s?

(sigh...)

Post in thread 'The Disney Diner' https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/the-disney-diner.18071/post-2633484

Also

gilligan

One of the Regulars
Does anybody have any info as to whether the labeling of "Disney Hats" predates the "Mr. Disney" labeling and is the "Dupont Airidex" indictive to the 1940s or 1950s?

gilligan

One of the Regulars
Maybe he's waiting on the audio answer. Obviously doesn't read.
I read just fine. If you can't give a reasonable answer to any question, then please keep your mouth shut. This question was posted on "The Disney Diner" which is what the heading is at the top of this page. I was responded to with a sigh remark from Frunobulax and given the link to "The Disney Diner" which brought me to this page again. So you tell me, what exactly am I missing?

Aww. Sorry to hurt your feelings. That happened because you're always too lazy to look for the answers yourself. This one's under your nose.

I read just fine. If you can't give a reasonable answer to any question, then please keep your mouth shut. This question was posted on "The Disney Diner" which is what the heading is at the top of this page. I was responded to with a sigh remark from Frunobulax and given the link to "The Disney Diner" which brought me to this page again. So you tell me, what exactly am I missing?

Well, little buddy, the first link takes you directly to a post indicating the Mr. Disney logo was introduced around 1947. Had you followed that link, you would have seen that.

The second link takes you directly to an authoritative page that gives you an extensive history of Disney hats.

If you weren't so damned lazy you would have realized you literally had the information at your fingertips.

You may be exasperating, little buddy, but despite my frustration with you, I really tried to help. 'Cause I'm just that kind of guy.

I won't make that mistake again.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Well there now. Someone’s finally said it and so much nicer than i would/could.

Been using the “situation” as therapy for practicing my “nice mode” at the expense of a few extra blood pressure and anti-arrhythmic meds. Thanks fellows for saving me a few bucks.

Just took 10 yrs of lounge courteousness. Longest newbieism on record!!
Someone’s still on the island and the Professor is dead!
B (in nice mode)

Ps: Disney hats….I’ve yet to see a Disney hat that wasn’t very well appointed, made extremely well and with class and style. I hope that balloon never gets popped.
5CCE40A5-53CB-4F75-8115-D16AB61F3CEA.jpeg
048BCD8F-57AD-43F5-A2A8-A03B1200C896.jpeg
5D671B89-20C6-47C2-A92E-AEE35D86B3D4.jpeg
00D9EC09-7E29-4ACF-86EA-FA5317DFB372.jpeg
A0392E21-7404-442D-854B-13F425B09135.jpeg

Well there now. Someone’s finally said it and so much nicer than i would/could.

Been using the “situation” as therapy for practicing my “nice mode” at the expense of a few extra blood pressure and anti-arrhythmic meds. Thanks fellows for saving me a few bucks.

Just took 10 yrs of lounge courteousness. Longest newbieism on record!!
Someone’s still on the island and the Professor is dead!
B (in nice mode)

Ps: Disney hats….I’ve yet to see a Disney hat that wasn’t very well appointed, made extremely well and with class and style. I hope that balloon never gets popped. View attachment 620586 View attachment 620587 View attachment 620588 View attachment 620589 View attachment 620590
WOW....that is stunning!!!!!

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
WOW....that is stunning!!!!!
Thank you so much. Appreciate it.
Pics were from several years ago but it’s still a gorgeous example of a shimmering, blue silverish, swirly longhair that loves to be pet. A top 3-4 hat of mine.
Here’s another pic cause it has Little Willow of old in the backround. She’ll be 7 in a couple weeks. Where does
EC828CE7-687A-4312-B2D8-C53AC5E23601.jpeg
the time go my friend?? Makes me sad.
B

The only mild exception I have to the info above in reference to Disney Hats dating is not with Brad’s research… but to a common interpretation of it, that “Disney Hats” always predate Mr Disney. I don’t think it is quite as linear. While it is true Mr Disney was not used in commerce til about 1947, the Disney Hats branding without Mr Disney did continue to appear on hats until the end of the line. I have a few examples labeled as Disney Hats that I believe are 1960s (possibly even an early 70s) with no mention of Mr Disney. While I’d LOVE to claim them to be pre 1947.. my eyes and experience won’t let believe that to be true.

What I did learn today in reading the above link was about Stetson acquiring Lee around 1960. From this info… I might speculate. This may be about the time “Disney Hats“ name was revived over Mr Disney.

I have to agree with Bowen. Overall I don’t think I’ve had a Disney hat in hand I didn’t really enjoy.… whether marked Disney Hats or Mr Disney. And just to note… I don’t believe I’ve been lucky enough to handle one early enough to be produced by Crofut and Knapp.

gilligan

One of the Regulars
Well, little buddy, the first link takes you directly to a post indicating the Mr. Disney logo was introduced around 1947. Had you followed that link, you would have seen that.

The second link takes you directly to an authoritative page that gives you an extensive history of Disney hats.

If you weren't so damned lazy you would have realized you literally had the information at your fingertips.

You may be exasperating, little buddy, but despite my frustration with you, I really tried to help. 'Cause I'm just that kind of guy.

I won't make that mistake again.
Well, professor, first of all I did know that the Mr. Disney logo was introduced in 1947, because I did go to the link you provided. I also went to the link on the history of Disney Hats and looked at every single pic on there. All this was done before I posted my question, and I was careful to post it in the Disney Alley. There were many pics of Disney Hats with what I was referencing to but no clear answer as to which logo was used first. Only pics of hats showing the various liners but for the most part, no dates specific to the hats shown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld