Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Conversion Corral

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Al, scotty and Jeff, thank you very much. I really love this hat. The stiff Beaver brim and the soft cuenca is a great combination.
The beaver brim holds the shape better as a Panama brim!

scotty, you are right! The second! I removed the straw sweatband along the seam.
The original seam is still present. Then I cut the felt along the leather sweatband, so I have a felt stripe where I can sew the straw body over the felt flange.
Thats all!

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Al, scotty and Jeff, thank you very much. I really love this hat. The stiff Beaver brim and the soft cuenca is a great combination.
The beaver brim holds the shape better as a Panama brim!

scotty, you are right! The second! I removed the straw sweatband along the seam.
The original seam is still present. Then I cut the felt along the leather sweatband, so I have a felt stripe where I can sew the straw body over the felt flange.
Thats all!

Chep, thanks for the confirmation. All I need to do now is decide whether I will be able to cut up two hats to make one.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Tom, bond, Dog, my sincere thanks for the nice comments, too kind!

Here some better photos!

chepstow.jpg

chepstow1.jpg

chepstow2.jpg

chepstow3.jpg

DOGMAN

One Too Many
Dog, great job done! The proportions, ribbon etc. looks terrific.
Please, can you post some photos of your brim cutter, It looks handmade and I am very interested to see how it works!
Brimtrimmer005.jpg
Brimtrimmer006.jpg
168.jpg

Brimtrimmer007.jpg
Brimtrimmer004.jpg
Here are some pics of my brim trimmer.You'll notice I cut off what I'll call the arms after the first conversion.They were just in the way.

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bailey lite felt straw that I reshaped only. Just didn't care for the previous center crown look. The new mass produced hats seem to have too much taper and not enough crown ht. so I exaggerated both in his one to give it more of a vintage look. Also put a sharp crease in pinch and curled the 2 1/2 brim
0ae533a8.jpg

8a550428.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
My new Conversion Project!
Old Thomas Beck Milan short brimmed Pork Pie and Old Resistol Majestic. I dislike that Millan with his short brim and I decided to create a Hat with wider brim.
The Resistol was from the 60s and has many little stains at the crown, perfect for this conversion.
Looks better in my eyes!

milanconversion.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld