Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Conversion Corral

John Galt

Vendor
In response to some recent inquiries by PM and telephone:

I have not voluntarily abandoned this thread or given up my obsession with hats. Thanks to those who expressed concern.

Lotsahats

One Too Many
JG, it strikes me that you are a skilled hobbyist who owns a rather impressive set of tools. Seems to me neither makes you a Vendor; alternatively, if workmanship, work product, and tools make you a Vendor, there ought to be a rather large number of Vendors around here. :)

A

DOGMAN

One Too Many
That's a bummer John.I really enjoy seeing your work here in this thread.I sincerely hope you get things worked out.Just curious,what is the definition of Vendor here.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
John you're the one who is called in Italy an artisan passion for build themselves their own things.
Sometimes is difficult to understand the rules for this kind of situations.
I sincerely hope you can continue to make us share your creations.
They are one of the delights of this forum works of non-professional participants in the hats world.

John Galt

Vendor
John you're the one who is called in Italy an artisan passion for build themselves their own things.
Sometimes is difficult to understand the rules for this kind of situations.
I sincerely hope you can continue to make us share your creations.
They are one of the delights of this forum works of non-professional participants in the hats world.

Thx, and +1. I have learned a lot here, and enjoy giving back through my posts.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Thx, and +1. I have learned a lot here, and enjoy giving back through my posts.

I have to say, everyone here can sure learn a lot by seeing what you and all the other wonderful Loungers do with the hats! This is perhaps one of the most interesting threads on the lounge. Seeing people turn some beater hats into something beautiful is just fantastic! I would hope everyone that is here, will continue to contribute and show us what they do and share!

John Galt

Vendor
Thank you very much! There is no need to play "Misty" for me - I fully intend to continue participating as fully as I am permitted. Terry, Humanshoes, Bond, Kingrat & others have plenty of talent and will keep things interesting. I can still talk hats and - like Voltaire's Candide - be content to simply plow my fields.

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Thank you very much! There is no need to play "Misty" for me - I fully intend to continue participating as fully as I am permitted. Terry, Humanshoes, Bond, Kingrat & others have plenty of talent and will keep things interesting. I can still talk hats and - like Voltaire's Candide - be content to simply plow my fields.
Thanks John G. I definitely appreciate the contributions you've made to this forum, and most notably, your willingness to always help people with information and guidance....and, not to mention, that you've helped others with their own hats, including myself, at a very minimal cost for professional and high quality results. I also want to recognize Ole and kingrat for the help they've given me as well.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
What the heck is going on, JG??
Not retiring already...
fill me in on the details?
and I've got a few hats for you;
M

No, he's definitely not retiring. John Galt's still helping Loungers with their hats. By all means, give him a call. He'll be happy to refurb your hats for you. He's just as good as any hatting business can do. He just finished one for me and it's in the mail. I'll be posting pictures after it arrives. John's a great guy to work with. He's always happy to help people. I highly recommend his services.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe