Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Vintage cap I bought off of Ardis at Viva Las Vegas....
546453_3477004120466_1132112854_3219118_1896974958_n.jpg

Great looking cap resortes. Goes especially well with that t-shirt & eyewear.

Cheers!

Dan

Hepville

One of the Regulars
So here is the summer cap made from this Scabal super 100s cloth I´ve talked about.
It was a bit more intense to work with this fabric as it wants to be treated quite different comparing to
other fabrics I´ve worked with.
I´ve also used some lightweight interfacing to give a bit of stand to the cap, cotton lining, full handsewn
leather sweatband... drapes nicely and will be really good for summer wearing.

67330,scabal101GK50D.jpg

67331,scabal10295DKX.jpg

67332,scabal103K37PF.jpg

67333,scabal104TKLGJ.jpg

67334,scabal105GSH9U.jpg

Don´t know why there is this blue spot on the upper right corner of the brim (last picture) as there is nothing to see on the cap itself...

Razzman

One Too Many
Wonderful cap Hepville, what is the color? It appears as a beige or a light brown on my computer screen. I know you mentioned the fabric in a previous post, is it cotton or lightweight wool? Will there be any additional colors?

Last edited:

Hepville

One of the Regulars
Wonderful cap Hepville, what is the color? It appears as a beige or a light brown on my computer screen. I know you mentioned the fabric in a previous post, is it cotton or lightweight wool? Will there be any additional colors?

Thanks Razzman. It´s far away from a light brown, it´s a bright beige... lightweight wool. No additional colors for this fabric. It was more of a salesman favour to get this fabric/ remnant... normally they do have a minimum purchase which I can´t handle depending on size I can make 5, maybe 6 caps out of it.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Manfred!

Yes, we found some excellent wines. :)

The cap has 2 brim snaps and a vertical elastic seam at the back. Cheesy, maybe, but mighty comfortable.

Woodfluter

Practically Family
Great ads RLK, thanks for posting these!

If you look at the post above, the first photo of "Babe" in profile, you'll see pretty much what a 9" (model 20) City Sport cap looks like after you cut the three tacking threads holding the front crown to the brim. I finally did that with the Harris Tweed one, because I still wasn't getting enough "headroom".

The article appears to imply four men's B.R. styles, and apparently discusses the most trim one, almost certainly that in the accompanying photo. The picture of Ruth in the last ad appears a good deal larger overall, and has a snap. Interesting to see the range in styles.

And then there's Coogan who is drowning in that cap...

Last edited:

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
Got this one today off the bay. Brand name is almost worn off, but it starts with an E and finishes with Hats. Can't make out the rest. Olive green herringbone.
Any idea's as to what era its from?

Img_120416174742.jpg

Img_120416174628.jpg

Img_120416174341.jpg

Img_120416180526.jpg

Img_120416180633.jpg

St. Valentine

A-List Customer
Nice cap Johnny! I like the way the top is flopping to the side.

@Flat Foot Floey: Great pics! I find it most interesting how back in those days every guy seemed to wear those kind of caps on nearly every occasion.

Frank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe