Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Herbert Johnson Cap

capjohnson4.jpg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
medium_175041TAN1.jpg

You might want to look at City Sport cap's they make high quality ivy cap's. Which is the style Robert is so wonderfully modeling.:)
Villagehatshop.com/city-sport-quality-caps

An you have to work youself up to the larger newsboys that I am sporting in my Avatar. When all you have worn is ball caps the shape of a good newsboy can look
strange on your head. But once use to the style the ivy cap looks funny to you then.:D

City Sport Donegal Wool newsboy cap...City Sports are excellent quality hats for the money!
citysport03redo.jpg

Pinesiw

A-List Customer
T Jones you definitely look swell in caps! A fisherman cap would also be a good option, like the one captain mike wears in the curious case of benjamin button. Cheers!

I had thrown one of my (very dirty) crown caps in the wash considering if was of mix wool, and I think it actually improved the cap. Its much softer, floppy and now has a better shape.
20130319_130707.jpg

20130319_130751.jpg

Pinesiw

A-List Customer
Thanks Johnny, its definitely a winter cap. I'll be needing a summer cap so i'll be ordering very soon. I said before I wanted a wool cap from you but winter will soon be over, would I be able to message you over Facebook?

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
T Jones you definitely look swell in caps! A fisherman cap would also be a good option, like the one captain mike wears in the curious case of benjamin button. Cheers!

I had thrown one of my (very dirty) crown caps in the wash considering if was of mix wool, and I think it actually improved the cap. Its much softer, floppy and now has a better shape.
20130319_130707.jpg

20130319_130751.jpg

Thanks Pinesiw....Man, that is really nice! I like that cap you're wearing! It looks great!

(I like the fisherman caps, something like Captain Englehorn wore in 'Kong')

Last edited:

Pinesiw

A-List Customer
Thanks TJ, Captain Englehorn is cool!
I posted this cap a while back, its the classic salt and pepper cap from crowncap. This cap has been around for decades, my grand father had the same thing in his days.
http://crowncap.com/shop/wool-blend-donegal-ivy-cap/ heres the link if you wanna check it out.
Its local in winnipeg and easy to find. I'd prefer Johnnys caps, very authentic. ;)

Return of the Palace Cap

After a halfhearted and unsuccessful attempt to find a home for this tiny old houndstooth cap, I sent it off to JohnnyJ to see what miracles might be wrought to enlarge it from 6 3/4 to a large 7. From Johnny the hat traveled to Marc Chevalier who thought he could accomplish the growth on the stretcher. I gulped a little when Johnny told me the plan. I've stretched a number of 6 7/8 wool caps to my size, but 6 3/4 seemed beyond the realm of reason.

The hat returned today and it looked nary the worse for its west coast travels. The fabric and stitching at the side seams which take the brunt of the blow have held. But most amazing - I can now wear it, which was my goal. A big thank you to both Johnny and Marc for their efforts.

palacecap11.jpg

palacecap10.jpg

howardeye

Practically Family
After a halfhearted and unsuccessful attempt to find a home for this tiny old houndstooth cap, I sent it off to JohnnyJ to see what miracles might be wrought to enlarge it from 6 3/4 to a large 7. From Johnny the hat traveled to Marc Chevalier who thought he could accomplish the growth on the stretcher. I gulped a little when Johnny told me the plan. I've stretched a number of 6 7/8 wool caps to my size, but 6 3/4 seemed beyond the realm of reason.

The hat returned today and it looked nary the worse for its west coast travels. The fabric and stitching at the side seams which take the brunt of the blow have held. But most amazing - I can now wear it, which was my goal. A big thank you to both Johnny and Marc for their efforts.

palacecap11.jpg

That is a great looking cap! I am not much on browns but that one is very unique. Reminds me of my hay baling days. You do come up with all winners!

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
That^ famous pic inspired me to get my very frist newsboy cap and my first pair of boots!
No kidding!...that was one of my inspirations for getting into Newsboy caps too!...What really influenced me toward newsboys was the cap that Henry Fonda wore in the movie, The Grapes of Wrath.

henryfonda.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe