Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
not just jumbo Westerns....

Tom Mix 1925:
423px-Tom_Mix_1925.jpg

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Thanks everybody for the positive feedback on my cap. I like the cap so much that it's pretty much my only headwear right now.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
The pattern on this looks complex when viewed within a few feet. From further away, it takes on an entirely different appearance, similar to a wabash stripe, but different. This can be seen the out of focus portions of the photos.

This is my first MF product, and I've already got another (non-cap) in the mail from a member on a different forum.
fit/better pics another day of this very large cap
DSC_0019-1.jpg

DSC_0020-3.jpg

DSC_0022-5.jpg

Last edited:

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Hi Lefty !
Im going there soon to check these out. As Johnny says how's it look on the Noggin..
& is the fabric pretty wrinkly & less body...
Looks cool !
che

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Nice shot's Lefty. Yes the fabric is great the cap looks like an extra full cut. Noggin shot will be needed.
I love my Mr. Freedom cap so I am always interested it their caps. Their other items get into the pricey range for me.:)

howardeye

Practically Family
My wife bought me the MF blue model with the dotted gold stripes. I will not see it till Valentines Day, so I was told. I will post pics if someone else hasn't done it. I have my eye on the JJ blue work wear cap on the Cordova thread also. The blue and the style of that cap is awsome!

howardeye

Practically Family
Ed, That fabric worked out well. It lays great and the blue is fantastic! You would never know there was a snap. Great workmanship! Here is a vintage Harley Davidson 6 panel I just added to my collection!

67C374F1-EB83-4D35-B0AF-B8BBD1702157-283-00000019B1202C94.jpg

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Cool 6 pannel Harley cap looks like you added the studs on the bill? Would be cool with a bike chain in place of the chain other one. I Like the older one that has a fuller crown Che has a nice one.

howardeye

Practically Family
Thanks. The studs came that way. There are some without and with different emblems. I think there are about 5 or 6 models. One in new condition can go over $200. There are some on the bay like the one I am wearing for $199 or offer. I am really not a collector. I wear all my hats. Here are a couple others I wear. The cloth one, not vintage I bought at a HD dealer around 2001. All my older originals I have given away. As you can see by this link I got the last one for free. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harly-Davidson-Leather-hat-VINTAGE-/110999964953?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=B9RrBbKrOVRwCFUjvJQN4dMnrwc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
BikeCap1.jpg

BikeCap2.jpg

502958F7-9A10-496E-9B12-24EB1F278AF2-2222-00000345073B4C90.jpg

Last edited:

howardeye

Practically Family
Great looking cap and the representation of that era is right on! Thanks for the link. I prefer the shorter brim in his pic. I did not know there was a thread for these styles or I would not have posted them. The link below is a repeat. Sorry!

This company has been making them in the USA since the 40's so they say in all colors for $100. I am thinking of other colors than my usual black since I have been seeing them on the forum.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130839974657

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe