Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Nice see this come up again I posted some of these in the non Shorpy all stars thread. A couple of months ago.
These are similar to the Australia mug shots that someone will post every other month. :D

Cook Adams Fortune & Co. cap - early?

One of those cap auctions that nobody came to... this arrived in better shape and more interesting than I expected. No front snap with spiral stitched back panel that attaches to the top with a ribbon bound seam. There is discoloration in the lining and fabric sweat band but the fabric and stitching are as new. And it fits.

cookcap1.jpg

cookcap2.jpg

cookcap3.jpg

cookcap4.jpg

cookcap5.jpg

cookcap6.jpg

cookcap7.jpg

I hunted for a reference for the store... could only find one mention and an add from 1905.

cookcap8.jpg

Paul Roerich

"A List" Customer
Last edited:
Thanks Paul and Baron... I was lucky to catch this one.

It is brilliant when you find one mislisted like that, no?

It is great to get a good deal... but the best is to put it on and have it fit. So many old caps seem to arrive fitting tighter than marked.

The style of this reminds me of a fantastic blue patterned silk hat that I bid on some time back. It seems like it could be pre-1920 to me... would love to hear opinions.

cheers,
Alan

Simonds

Vendor
I have been working on a new bill design, Johnny J has helped me out a lot, much thanks going out to him! I have redesigned the bill at the forehead by adding a deeper concave and I also redesigned the front edge giving it more of a convex shape. Here is a picture of one of my new and improved caps. This one is made of a blend of wool and silk.

100_6285.jpg

100_6286.jpg

100_6287.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82