Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Feraud

Bartender
I couldn't tell you for sure how it would turn out, but last week I finished a 100% linen cap for the first time and even though it was a lighter weight fabric, with the lining and interfacing it kept its shape nicely. Hopefully we will see pics from that cap soon.
So with one of these lightweight fabrics it could turn out the same.
I guess that would be my linen cap?
Whatever you do to the cap to hold it's shape is working. The pattern, lining, and overall construction is very well done and it shows.
The linen fends off the summer sun and heat which is why I wanted this in the first place!
Here are two shots of my new cap.
033.jpg

032.jpg

I know everyone will laugh at me, but I don't mind the look of this red corduroy zasu :p
I won't laugh. I like that red corduroy a lot and think it makes for a great Fall/Winter style cap.

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
I'm glad you liked it. I also wanted to let you guys know that I put enough fabric on these caps so you can pull the back down to about behind your ears, but of course, you can wear them as you like.

Pinesiw

A-List Customer
Thought this cap looked rather nice. Thought I'd check out the shipping. 68 euros! How's it being shipped, via the moon?

0210.jpg

Thats a nice cap, looks like the old town canvey cap. Post a link? Are there more selection on fabric?
Johnny J im liking that linen cap! Might have to put my name down for an order, see how my next cheque is looking after holidays

St. Valentine

A-List Customer
Thought this cap looked rather nice. Thought I'd check out the shipping. 68 euros! How's it being shipped, via the moon?

0210.jpg

Euro 68,--? Goodness! There is a seller on the bay who sells White Boots. I would like a pair of them but he charges $190.00 to Germany!!!! :eeek: Silly......

Back to topic....

Hepville

One of the Regulars
Maybe this stuff is shipped in a learjet and gets stroked all the way by a former Miss Universe... that would raise the shipping charges.

Adnamira

A-List Customer
I dont know if this link was ever postet here. I found it by searching for some fabrics.
Nicely done caps in nice fabrics, with wide crown.

http://www.classic-caps.co.uk/acatalog/baker_boy.html

I've bought a cap through this mob. Their freight is good, though they don't offer the individual sizing. A lot of their caps, those marked 'made in Europe' are actually City Sport caps with the brand removed. I'll order a silk one from them at some stage, and that matt brown nappa, leather newsboy is rather appealing - I like the soft look and the double stitching. Never owned a leather cap before, so I don't know what they are like to wear. I wonder if you have to grow a big handlebar moustache and dance to YMCA?

Adnamira

A-List Customer
Thats a nice cap, looks like the old town canvey cap. Post a link? Are there more selection on fabric?
Johnny J im liking that linen cap! Might have to put my name down for an order, see how my next cheque is looking after holidays

Yeah, there was a winter version with a flannel lining. The website is RMR or something and the manufacturer is Verbano http://www.rmr-hats.com/Full-shape-windows-pattern-cap-211-2-0.html

They've got a nice vintage line to them, I reckon, very crisp. Pity their freight is so high, because the caps themselves seem not that dear. Maybe if you buy several, paying for the lear jet and former Miss Universe, wouldn't be so bad.

St. Valentine

A-List Customer
Never owned a leather cap before, so I don't know what they are like to wear. I wonder if you have to grow a big handlebar moustache and dance to YMCA?

:eeek: OMG Jason, only when I started to think about a leather newsboy you put those pictures into my head..... :eusa_doh: ;)

Adnamira

A-List Customer
:eeek: OMG Jason, only when I started to think about a leather newsboy you put those pictures into my head..... :eusa_doh: ;)

Haha, sorry! Just another one of these cliches that caps must be liberated from... like, 'What are you going to play golf or something?' Reply, 'No, are you going to play baseball or something.' to the baseball cap wearer. Funny that people think like that - a baseball cap is called a baseball cap but you don't have to play baseball to wear one, but if you wear a newsboy, you are going to play golf :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe