Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Aviator Jacket

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Looks like a motorcycle jacket

Looks like an old Belstaff motorcycle jacket from the 20's. Even has the emblem on the sleeve (just seen the movie for my birthday!).

Bogie1943

Practically Family
You read my mind...

Before seeing the Aviator and especially after seeing it, I have wanted flight jacket like that. Know where I can my hands on one, or am I going to have to go the custom route?

Bogie1943

Practically Family
Ah...

Yes indeed I did Holly, good stuff huh! I also saw an episode of the X-FILES recently that shot on the Queen Mary which was fun just to see the ship on film again. I loved The Aviator, the look especially.

Bogie1943

Practically Family
Honestly, I have been so busy I have not had one free moment to shop for the soundtrack, but I shall. I will also continue my persuit of the 30's style flight jacket.

SpykiE

New in Town
For those of you interested in purchasing the "aviator" jacket, I was doing some searching around and happened to get lucky and stumble upon one ebay auction in which a lady is selling them in all different sizes. I was curious and sent her a few questions back and forth to find out a little about the jacket. She told me it is the jacket listed on Belstaff's site as well as the price, approx. $5-600 US for the jacket or your best offer. Only problem is it only comes in Medium, Large, and X-Large......(I hate it when they do sizing like that!)....but she said the Medium would fit very snug for someone that is about a '38 chest, and recommended you buy a size larger if you intend on wearing a sweater or what-have you underneath it. Very nice jacket, however it's still got a few days left on it, so I think I'll just wait and watch it. Oh, btw, here is the link to it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5365867339&fromMakeTrack=true#ebayphotohosting

or the Item #: 5365867339

Regards,
Brad

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Who eventually coughed up for an AVIATOR jacket?

Who took the steps to buy one in the end? and of course...where are the photos of you wearing it so that we can see and hear all about it :)

marineabilly

A-List Customer
Aviator001.jpg

extra-image-208.jpg

MAGNOLI

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld