Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The 25 most stylish musicians of all time

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
get_atomized said:
How about Tom Waits!
tom-waits3.jpg

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Tux Toledo said:
I think the GQ list is mostly rubbish. No mention of Duke Ellington who, IMHO, was THE man.

May be you are right.
May be the list should have included - "The 25.000 most stylish musicians of all time"- [huh] :p lol

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
jazz guitarist/singer John Pizzerelli. His clothes are all by Brioni. John even wear a dress shirt and tie when hosting this radio show "Radio Deluxe." A real clotheshorse!

WH1

Practically Family
One of the greatest movies of all time is HIGH SOCIETY, talk about your well dressed musicians, a list in its own right.

For my money one of the best dressed now is Lyle Lovett, man knows how to wear a suit with style.:eusa_clap

Sertsa

One of the Regulars
When I first went to college, one of the greatest compliments among my friends was that you're looking mighty Gene Krupa or Max Roach.

Raging Hat On

New in Town
One of the most glaringly obvious omissions to the list is the artist known as Prince. If not on this list, then surely he must be number 26.

An much-deserved, honorable mention goes out to Lou Bega(David Lubega)

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Raging Hat On said:
One of the most glaringly obvious omissions to the list is the artist known as Prince.
I just spit up on the keyboard; thanks for the laugh. ;)

Chas

One Too Many
Duke Ellington, Duke Ellington and Duke Ellington.

Cab Calloway had some fine style.

If we're talking about personal style not just being about mode of dress, then Lester Young certainly set a trend. Speech, manner of dress and hipster slang was his forte.
lester_young_newport_jazz_festival.jpg

Pops was no slouch, either. He was copied and emulated by hundreds, perhaps thousands of times. The handkerchief was no prop - he went through about 150 or so each night.

armstrong.jpg

Sertsa

One of the Regulars
No, it just felt that was sometimes. But this was in the 80s, so high hats would have been pretty in :)

But Max and Gene had some style (especially considering they beat the hell out of drums dressed like this).

max_l.jpg

MRoach_Gretsch2sm.jpg

krupa-swinging.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe