Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The 10 Commandments of Style????

I was browsing the "well-groomed male" section of msn.com's lifestyle area and came across the following link. The 10 Commandments of style: http://lifestyle.msn.com/your-look/well-groomed-male/staticslideshowgq.aspx?cp-documentid=10761270

Now, I was under the impression that brown shoes with a grey suit was a fashion faux paux, am I wrong? http://lifestyle.msn.com/your-look/...owgq.aspx?cp-documentid=10761270&imageindex=8

And for some reason I find this link... amusing.
http://men.style.com/gq/fashion/sli...show51303&iphoto=2&nphoto=13&play=false&cnt=1

Feraud

Bartender
The dude with the tats? I have no issue with how anyone looks but rather a group of fashionistas that are pushing a look today only to belittle it tomorrow.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Brown shoes with gray, absolutely and all day long. I wear brown and tan with most everything except for black.

I enjoy lists like that, even when I disagree with them. It's interesting to see what others think.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
And is it any wonder that it's hard to find nice looking outfits in the "finer" stores when you have bozos like some of those running major fashion houses and writing for the fashion magazines.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That is fairly annoying. Perhaps they should learn to button their shirts all the way the neck. These are probably the same folks that suggested wearing baggy pants, over sized shirts and jackets and to wear our ball caps with the brim turned to one side a few years back.

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
I'll be the odd one out: I dislike grey and brown. I also dislike two toned jewelry. (with the exception of Rose and Yellow gold, but even then it's barely)
My father got be a pair of Black/Brown cowboy boots for christmas and I had to make myself accept them,but the way the leather is worked doesn't look too bad.Something about mixing the two tones doesn't feel right to me.[huh]

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
In general, i would not wear brown leather with smooth gray slacks or suit. The pic does not look good to me.

Now, brown suede shoes in a nice dark chocolate, and a soft fuzzy gray flannel. YEs. It looks great. or sometimes orangish browns with gray.

Feraud

Bartender
reetpleat said:
In general, i would not wear brown leather with smooth gray slacks or suit. The pic does not look good to me.

Now, brown suede shoes in a nice dark chocolate, and a soft fuzzy gray flannel. YEs. It looks great. or sometimes orangish browns with gray.
I was going to comment how brown shoes bring warmth to a gray suit but your comments explain it better. :)

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Caity Lynn said:
I'll be the odd one out: I dislike grey and brown.
This doesn't work for you?

DSC03494-CROP.jpg

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
thats not bad actually! I like the way the brown has the same tone as the tie!

I guess when worn correctly:)

Geesie

Practically Family
Feraud said:
The dude with the tats? I have no issue with how anyone looks but rather a group of fashionistas that are pushing a look today only to belittle it tomorrow.

The tats aren't the issue. The deep v-neck and jewelry is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe