Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

10 Most Stylish Men In America

bobalooba

One of the Regulars
If nothing else these made me feel better about myself.

wow, and to think at one point I thought I was horribly mismatched because my brown pants were significantly darker than my socks

volatile

A-List Customer
I don't think you can write off Mark Ronson - he does classic late 50s / early 60s with a modern twist rather well...

061103markronson_320.jpg

Mark-Ronson1.jpg

mark_ronson02.jpg

GQ-MarkRonson-775061.jpg

TheDutchess

One of the Regulars
Welp, I actually don't think the list is as horrific as some make it out to be. Given there are a few that are questionable; If you look at the rest of young Hollywood these men look quite good, attempting to make an extra afford in the style department. Now I will say TI looks quite clownish in what he had on for that photo shoot, but he really does clean up quite well. The only one i could most definitely give the axe too is Kanye. He gets an "e" for effort in trying to look like he's being fashion forward but tends to fall short, (i.e. him trying to bring back the 80's shag a la bobby brown in new edition). Who I didn't see on the list and would have liked to have seen is Andre 3000. He out does Kanye in the style department any day of the week in my opinion. *stepping off soapbox*

andre3000metgalas.jpg

Luke 42

One of the Regulars
It just strikes me how expensive these clothes are:eek: Just look at Timberlake's jacket..It just looks like that fake leather plastic mall crap that every 15 year old wannabe gangster is wearing:eusa_doh: It just looks cheap..and it costs 700$..you can get an AERO for that money:rage:

irb

Familiar Face
BruceTracy said:
I think Balazs is nicely turned out, but to me his outfit in the pic just looks like the same trim suit, narrow tie, and trim burberry trench shown by GQ (and Esquire) in nearly all of their autumn issues over the past couple years.

00004f.jpg

I can't help but thinking, "soft, Corinthian leather...". Probably the best of the bunch at least.

It interests me what people of our tastes (as diverse as they are) would have thought of "contemporary" men's fashions back in early 20th century. Was there then a "retro" look? There were many opponents to women's fashion in, say, the 1920s but what of men's?

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
bobalooba said:
Actually I take it back, I like him in the second and third picture, but I don't like his hat/coat in the 1st and 4th pictures respectively.

That's funny. I like the first third and fifth, but the coats in the second and fourth look too much like women' coats from the eighties. But he does have a sense of style.

Tikismall

New in Town
TheDutchess said:
Welp, I actually don't think the list is as horrific as some make it out to be. Given there are a few that are questionable; If you look at the rest of young Hollywood these men look quite good, attempting to make an extra afford in the style department. Now I will say TI looks quite clownish in what he had on for that photo shoot, but he really does clean up quite well. The only one i could most definitely give the axe too is Kanye. He gets an "e" for effort in trying to look like he's being fashion forward but tends to fall short, (i.e. him trying to bring back the 80's shag a la bobby brown in new edition). Who I didn't see on the list and would have liked to have seen is Andre 3000. He out does Kanye in the style department any day of the week in my opinion. *stepping off soapbox*

andre3000metgalas.jpg

:eusa_clap I agree with you 100%. I also agree that Andre should have been on the list too. It's nice to see personal flair with clothes because let's face it, if every guy on that list wore a suit that looked like something that every man in this forum would wear then we would all seem like we were forgetting individuality and are applauding convention/conformity.....
Keep it interesting!

I will say, T.I's tilted beanie isn't really working for me though ;)

bobalooba

One of the Regulars
reetpleat said:
That's funny. I like the first third and fifth, but the coats in the second and fourth look too much like women' coats from the eighties. But he does have a sense of style.

Either way I like some of these pics better than the ones on the original list. I wonder if any of the other men look better when not done up by gq

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe