Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

That tune in your head

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Haversack said:
In reference to my reference to the Banana Splits, Marc Chevalier wrote:
"You're showing your age, Haversack"

Oh. I can do better than that. While visiting Disneyland, I once got to ask Mr. Disney what he fed the sea serpent that he kept in the submarine ride. "Peanut Brittle" was what he told me. Hence, in our family, peanut brittle has always been known as "sea serpent food".

Haversack.

It's worth being older to have met Walt Disney in person. Very cool! :eusa_clap

CharlieH.

One Too Many
The neurological jukebox is currently stuck on "The Jitterbug" from The Wizard Of Oz.
I've waited for years to hear that song again, and since I did, it's just about the only thing I can hear upstairs.... accompanied by Harold Arlen's home movies.

Salv

One Too Many
Every morning, just as I was getting out of bed for an early shift, my wife would say "Wake me up before you go" and I'd be stuck with that damned Wham song "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" all day.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
The original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles theme apparently drilled into my tiny defenseless kindergarten brain and it will NOT come out. So periodically it surfaces.

(chorus)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Heroes in the half-shell
Turtle Power!

Caledonia

Practically Family
Salv said:
Every morning, just as I was getting out of bed for an early shift, my wife would say "Wake me up before you go" and I'd be stuck with that damned Wham song "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" all day.

And for that you truly have my sympathies :(

QUOTE Chevaier: Ever notice that the chorus part of Bob Marley's song Buffalo Soldier ("Woy yoy yoy yoy, yoy yoy-yoy yoy! Woy yoy yoy, woy yoy-yoy yoy, Woy yoy yoy yoy, yoy yoy-yoy yoy!") was essentially copied from The Banana Splits' theme song ("Tra la la, la la la la, Tra la la, la la la la!")? Marley wrote his song while on a visit to the United States. At the time, "The Banana Splits" was still being broadcast. Coincidence?

Well I didn't know that, but it looks like I'm heading into dreamtime for reruns of old Banana Splits shows guest starring Mr Marley. And waking up to 80s pop tripe. Bah whizzers on you guys! :D

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Quigley Brown said:
another one.....

I wanna singa 'bout the moona and the juna and the springa........
lol me too...except that one's not annoying to me when it gets stuck ...puts a bit of bounce in my step :)

Salv

One Too Many
Caledonia said:
And for that you truly have my sympathies :(

Thanks Cal'donia - Wham keep trying to sneak up on me since I posted that, but your user name has now got me humming Louis Jordan, and wondering What makes your big head so hard?

Caledonia

Practically Family
I have got to find this Louis Jordan guy. This one's come up before. Cue Caledonia ducking all the empty beer bottles 'cos she's never heard of him. :D

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Quigley Brown wrote:

another one.....

I wanna singa 'bout the moona and the juna and the springa........

That one drives my wife crazy, but I can't get enough of it.

OwlJolson.jpg

I love to sing-a
About the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a,
I love to sing-a,
About a sky of blue-a, or a tea for two-a,
Anything-a with a swing-a to an "I love you-a,"
I love to, I love to sing!

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
jake_fink said:
That one drives my wife crazy, but I can't get enough of it.

OwlJolson.jpg

I love to sing-a
About the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a,
I love to sing-a,
About a sky of blue-a, or a tea for two-a,
Anything-a with a swing-a to an "I love you-a,"
I love to, I love to sing!
Just looking at that owl brings a big smile to my face!

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If I start whistling the theme to The Andy Griffith Show, at some point it always turns into "Tequila." lol

I had "Why Don't You Do Right?" stuck in my head after seeing an old picture of a down-on-his-luck looking guy in the "How to tie a tie" thread. I eventually had to post the lyrics on that thread. ;)

I often have intrumentals playing in my head, depending on my mood. Nelson Riddle's theme to the TV show "Route 66" is often on the playlist, especially when I see a classic car of the 1950s or 60s.

And when the subject is steam trains, it's Dvorak's symphony "From the New World."

And right now it's "Harlem Nocturne." No complaints there. ;)

Salv

One Too Many
Louis Jordan is the father of rock 'n' roll, and I'm surprised that members of the FL have not heard of him. He was one of the first to merge blues and jazz post-WW2 and had a string of hits in the US including four million sellers. The wiki has a good article about him and there are plenty of samples on Amazon - try this Best Of...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe