Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

That one thing that you need to feel like yourself

Anachronism

One of the Regulars
I messed up my hair a couple months ago, I had tried to trim my bangs myself, to get them fixed I had to end up with these sort of wispy modern looking bangs. Now they are finally fixed (thanks to the amazing Laurie at the Hair Academy) and I feel like myself again, after two whole months of feeling like I was wearing a permanent wig.

So, I want to know, what is it that you wear/have/do ect that makes you able to walk out your door and be totally sure of who you are? I'm not trying to be sappy, I'm mostly just talking about style:)

Foofoogal

Banned
Glasses, makeup and the thing I detest more than anything in the world. a brassiere. ( I would personally shoot the man that invented them I decided years ago.)

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Go ahead and shoot me now.....my cell phone.
Above all, my cell phone. Its my contact to the world. I have no home phone, so if some one needs me, my kids need my they need to call me there.

If I dont have my phone I freak. One day I was talking on it and looking for it at the same time, lol.

Or makeup. I have to at least do my eyes.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
pretty faythe said:
Go ahead and shoot me now.....my cell phone.
Above all, my cell phone. Its my contact to the world. I have no home phone, so if some one needs me, my kids need my they need to call me there.

If I dont have my phone I freak.

Or makeup. I have to at least do my eyes.

Same for me. Except for the makeup. I need to have something on my head. That's the main reason I'm here at FL.

Djupis

One of the Regulars
It used to be my mobile phone, but not anymore really. Although I usually go out with my iPod, wallet, mobile phone and keys it really depends on what I feel like doing.

JJWord

Familiar Face
Wedding band.

Took it off once to mix beef for a meatloaf, found out we didn't have any eggs so I ran right out to the store. The second my hand hit the steering wheel I realized. Weirdest trip to the grocery store, felt like my mind wasn't with me.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
It's a tie between a hat on my head and having my 38 Special in my pocket.

Is this for real? Do you really feel that way about your 38? I would have expected you to say a hat on your head and a HARP in your pocket.

Inusuit

A-List Customer
zetwal said:
Is this for real? Do you really feel that way about your 38? I would have expected you to say a hat on your head and a HARP in your pocket.

I'm with Gene. I don't leave the house, ever, without a handgun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe