Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thanksgiving Day 2010

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
P1030099.jpg

P1030098.jpg

Here are two shots of what we did Tuesday and Wednesday. Mrs. Hood did the decorations
076.jpg

And here are the cocktail glasses I received as a gift from the beautiful and talented Mrs. H; they were hand decorated and fired. Ahh, much to be thankful for...

Peacoat

Bartender
And the same to you, Kojax. I hope it is cool enough where you are--north of Boston, I think--that you can wear one of your quality leather jackets and enjoy the day. Gobble, Gobble. Mr. Peacoat.

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
P1030099.jpg

P1030098.jpg

Here are two shots of what we did Tuesday and Wednesday. Mrs. Hood did the decorations
076.jpg

And here are the cocktail glasses I received as a gift from the beautiful and talented Mrs. H; they were hand decorated and fired. Ahh, much to be thankful for...

Not too shabby, at all! :)

- Ian

Peacoat

Bartender
Happy Thanksgiving to all our fellow Yanks.

(But what's this got to do with outerwear??)

As the Indians and the Pilgrims sat on Plymouth Rock in 1492 having the first Thanksgiving Day celebration, they all wore overcoats. Now these overcoats aren't always depicted in the photographs of that occasion, probably because the photographer thought they looked better without the bulky outer garments; but we know they wore them because it is always cold on Plymouth rock in November. Kojax, being from that area, inherently understands these things.

So, not only is there clearly an outerwear connection, but a vintage one as well. Perhaps not classic vintage as in the 1930s and 1940s, but definitely vintage.

/|\

One of the Regulars
Nice looking table! 'Course, I'd feel silly sitting there all on my lonesome. :p

I slept late, and now I'm lazing about drinking coffee. Cold pizza for breakfast. (Bachelour Kibble! :D ) I reckon I'll start cooking around noon-ish. (Three hours away, for those of you not in this time zone.) I thought I'd put stuffing in my duck, but I've changed my mind. See, I'm going to try a different method of roasting and turn it four times. And I want to save the rendered fat. If I stuff it, I'll 'lose' a lot of it to the stuffing. So I'll just have a plain roasted duck and mashed potatoes and gravy, and some green bean casserole. I've some dip, so I'll have celery and dip to snack on while the bird is cooking.

TheSnark

One of the Regulars
Happy Thanksgiving to all our fellow Yanks.

(But what's this got to do with outerwear??)

Mr. Peacoat certainly has the right idea, but it is a point... perhaps this should be cross-posted to the Hats forum... the Pilgrims definitely had a distinctive and classic look in the hat department ;):D (As for the Indians, well... feathers are just sooooooo 17th century, and I don't want to start an argument over the minute details of authentic feathered headdresses... Does anyone here have an original?)

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

too much coffee

Practically Family
Rumor has it that the Pilgrims invented the A-2 jacket and traded some of them to the Indians for the Grizzly jacket. The Pilgrims laughed all the way back from Plymouth Rock because they knew the A-2s they just dumped on the Indians had epaulettes that were 1/4" too wide and the pocket flaps were much too rounded off.

/|\

One of the Regulars
I got bored, so for the past couple-plus hours I've been logged into work and am writing a programme.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld