Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TFL Vote: Buzz Rickson's/HPA AN6552?

HPA Rep

Vendor
I thought I'd extend an opportunity to readers and members here to help shape what History Preservation Associates may offer for fall 2016. Presently, we're looking at doing a few exclusive items and one that is sticking out for me is the AN6552, largely because we haven't had this style in stock in the past and only sold them as order-only items.

These are very rare jackets, and to make this even more special, I like the idea of offering one in a vegetable-tanned, aniline-dyed dark brown horsehide or goatskin with a lighter-color collar fur and the berry-red knit cuffs and waistband Buzz Rickson's employed in past instances of unique-looking flying jackets.

While horsehide and the lighter-color collar fur are both features found on some vintage AN6552's, I know of none outfitted with the reddish knit parts (but this could exist), so this would be mythical in my mind, but I also think sharp looking. BR offered this item years ago for a store in Japan as a CBI 23rd Fighter Group jacket, but what I have in mind is a plain version with no insignia. Sizes would be 36-44, withe the possibility of size 46. Price would be around $1, 250.00 - $1, 300.00. Photos below are of the version made for that Japanese store.

Do you like this? Horsehide or goatskin?

Please share your thoughts and suggestions on this. All are welcome to participate and no ideas are bad ones. I sincerely appreciate what you have to say, and this is a nice way, perhaps, of making something you'd like to have:
BR AN6552 red knit fr.jpg

BR AN6552 red knit bk.jpg
BR AN6552 red knit side.jpg
BR AN6552 red knit lbl.jpg

theundeadkennedy

One of the Regulars
I think horsehide with darker less red I its would be nice combo that differs from the typical horsehide options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdeeC

Practically Family
I would suggest a black painted zipper as was on the originals. Outwardly this was the only tangible cosmetic difference from M422A's. As for hides a choice of both will be a nice option. As for knits if they are to be red then more of a burgundy colour.

thor

Call Me a Cab
I think the red knit-blond collar-seal brown HH is totally unique and thus a winner! It would be completely different from any other jacket iteration out there (and isn't that what we all want?). The black painted zipper that AdeeC mentioned sounds like a great idea to make this particular mythical beast a reality. :)

Monsoon

A-List Customer
I like it. I know my daughters would love the collar; it reminds me of my BR B-10 and they are always rubbing their face against it. "Dada, this is soft!"

Skyhawk

Vendor
I like the color combo! I don't like the pocket flaps. They are almost like modern G-1 pockets. Put some scalloped pocket flaps on it and I think you have a winner!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mismichael