Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tattoos.

Marlowe P.

One of the Regulars
pgoat said:
Exactly, well put. The tattoos make up part of your life. But it's a fairly big decision, so there's no shame in waiting if you are not sure.
ps - is that Elliott Gould in your avatar?

It is Elliot Gould! From The Long Goodbye

DblCoronaMS

One of the Regulars
OK... call me a late bloomer. I got my first and so far only tattoo last June at the age of 46. I pondered the idea of getting one for many years but couldn't decide what to get. After all, it will be with me for the rest of my life.

Here's what I finally decided on. At the age of about 10 I decided that I wanted to be the voice coming out of the radio. Luckily, I've been able to do that for close to 30 years. I'm out of that now but still do freelance commercial production from my modest home studio. My other passion is amateur, or ham radio. This microphone is the one I use at home for both. The AE5DW is my amateur callsign and the microphone cable turns into Morse Code for CQ, the Morse characters you send when you're trying to contact someone. I'm heavily involved in a weekly ham radio newscast that is heard around the world. This is on my right forearm.

Geeky yes but that's me.

ae5dwhe7.jpg

1001272az6.jpg

pgoat

One Too Many
DblCoronaMS said:
OK... call me a late bloomer. I got my first and so far only tattoo last June at the age of 46. I pondered the idea of getting one for many years but couldn't decide what to get. After all, it will be with me for the rest of my life.

Here's what I finally decided on. At the age of about 10 I decided that I wanted to be the voice coming out of the radio. Luckily, I've been able to do that for close to 30 years. I'm out of that now but still do freelance commercial production from my modest home studio. My other passion is amateur, or ham radio. This microphone is the one I use at home for both. The AE5DW is my amateur callsign and the microphone cable turns into Morse Code for CQ, the Morse characters you send when you're trying to contact someone. I'm heavily involved in a weekly ham radio newscast that is heard around the world. This is on my right forearm.

Geeky yes but that's me.

ae5dwhe7.jpg

1001272az6.jpg

I think it's great you waited and wound up with such an individual tattoo. They did a nice job on the mic.

pgoat

One Too Many
STRAIGHT BRIM said:
yeah i got a couple the classic girl names from past bitties on my arms and back that might have been a mastake

well, as mentioned earlier, they all are part of what brought us to where we are today....

three tear drops two solid one not solidd and also some other ones from my past but now i have found god and am a changed man

peace always,

~QUANT~

Pics are welcome!

MagistrateChris

One of the Regulars
You know, when I was a cadet at West Point, a bunch of us talked about getting tats of the academy crest, or something similar. When we went, I sobered up before my turn. Both in terms of the alcohol content in my blood and the thoughts in my head. I decided to pass, and used the money for something else. I have thoughts both ways about passing on the opportunity. That said, at this time, I can think of nothing else that I want to memorialize on my body. Nothing has inspired that kind of passion in me to let the ink flow, if you will. Some may question why I don't feel that way about my wife and sons, to which I would reply that I feel stronger for them, but it's a different feeling for me. One that a tat doesn't capture for me, or that I care to have captured in that way. And, as for the flames, arm bands, etc., I just don't care to do so. Anyone else can help themselves. I'll pass.

pgoat

One Too Many
Just goes to show

different strokes....

I kinda hated it when everyone and their brother/sister/mother/grandmother started getting tattoos back around 1990ish. (for the record, I jumped on the bandwagon in '96! But I'd been thinking about it since '78; I just don't believe in rushing things....). It's nice that some folks have none and others have one - or many.

pgoat

One Too Many
There you go! Never say never....

That Hughes Avatar would make a groovy tattoo. You should try to get on LA Ink. Kat Von D seems to do very good monochrome portraits....

sixsexsix

Practically Family
here some of mine. i will try to find pics of the others, there are lots

phoenix (sorry the photo is grainy, i sharpened so you could see the tattoo better):
008c0555.jpg

axl wrist lol :
IMG_2256.jpg

the best one i could crop of my right arm:
michelletoph-1.jpg

pgoat

One Too Many
wow - you weren't kidding about being a Axl fan!

sixsexsix said:
here some of mine. i will try to find pics of the others, there are lots

phoenix (sorry the photo is grainy, i sharpened so you could see the tattoo better):
008c0555.jpg

axl wrist lol :
IMG_2256.jpg

the best one i could crop of my right arm:
michelletoph-1.jpg
That Phoenix is very unusual - nicely done!

we definitely need to see a good Hi-res of your arm.

I don't think I have any pics of mine....I know what I want done to 'em though (now I just gotta win lotto)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe