Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tasso Elba linen back belted suit...

mike

Call Me a Cab
Fletch said:
I just may grab one. Hope it is sized somewhat traditionally and not for fashionable stick figures.

It's definitely not sized like an H&M cut. I still haven't bought it. In the meantime, I moved into a beautiful new apartment with a gated backyard garden and patio - for more than double what I was paying before. I don't have the jacket/suit, and I'm still very happy - go figure! lol

mike

Call Me a Cab
flat-top said:
I'm headed over to Herald Square tomorrow with the hopes of picking one of these up. I'll report back with my results!

That sounds like you will be very near Ginger Man - one of the best beer halls in town! I'd invite you out for a drink but I will be working at the US Open tomorrow out on Long Island.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
mike said:
That sounds like you will be very near Ginger Man - one of the best beer halls in town! I'd invite you out for a drink but I will be working at the US Open tomorrow out on Long Island.
I'll be with the 4 year old seen in my avatar! No drinks for daddy!

mike

Call Me a Cab
flat-top said:
I'll be with the 4 year old seen in my avatar! No drinks for daddy!

Ohh ok, well sometime or another I hope you can come to a FL meet up! I'd also like to introduce you to some of my friends all into work wear stuff that aren't on here sometime, they mainly collect original stuff and have some interesting collections!

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ok, I got one! I got the brown stripe weave color. There were no pants to match, so I got a pair of white with pinstripe that compliment the jacket nicely.
The fit is good. Not "vintage", but also not skinny waif. I'm a 44R and the Large fits perfectly.
The nautural color was on clearance, and there was only a size small left!

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Fletch said:
Orgetorix: Size L (42-44). I'm normally a 43R and this is dead-on.

flat-top: Be very very careful. The fabric is fine enough that it's hard to tell it from the stitch threads.

Did you get the full suit Fletch?

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
cookie: As of late Macy*s had no matching trou for any of the beltbacks.
I did find a pair of Bobby Jones trou in a linen-cotton fabric that are very close, but not a dead match. The Tasso cloth (at top of pic) has a slight yellowish cast, and a fine greyish slub running thru it.
3820039291_0ecf9ce806.jpg

This type of matching used to be fairly common, and tailors would advertise trou made to match your jacket. OTR makers today tend to source their fabrics exclusively, so nothing will quite match.

Edward: I take a 35 shirtsleeve and the sleeves are just right on me as is. There's at least 1" more inside the cuff, but the lining is pretty short and would need to be faced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe