Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Take it off!!! (Let's hear what you think, ladies.)

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Barbigirl, My wife feels the same way. She doesn't mind the full beard nor the tummy ticklers but she doesn't like the transitional stages and would rather me be clean shaven. She won't have long to wait.

The Captain

One of the Regulars
Hairy

Here's one of me with "face foliage", from 1984. Now, I would
look like "Gabby Hayes"!

366358745_54400fa8bc.jpg

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
The Captain said:
Here's one of me with "face foliage", from 1984. Now, I would
look like "Gabby Hayes"!

366358745_54400fa8bc.jpg

You look a lot like my uncle

Spitfire said:
uhhh....those were the dayslol :eusa_clap

Definitely! I think that day they called me "Jean Claude Van Damme". lol

LadyDeWinter said:
Charlie,

May I say that you look really dashing with that pencil moustache?:D

Mr. CharlieH, a "lady" finds your photoshoped mustache dashing!

Definitely a 1920's look. I would grow that mustache and walk down the street with pride! That photo reminds me of what the man looked like on Jack Benny radio Program that played that snoody store employee. That's a good thing!

moustache

Practically Family
Moostache!!!

Here are a few of my photos from last year.I have trimmed it down a bit.
Tell me which you like better please.I always like a critique!!

13-feb06small.jpg
8-july05verysmall.jpg

And here is what it looks like now minus about 1/2".I still wax it though.

12-16-06DT6.jpg

12-17-06-21small.jpg

12-9-06-3small.jpg

I have had a moustache for many years and intend on keeping one always.I look so immature and stupid without one.Being a member of both The Handlebar Club of London and The Whiskerclub here in America,i have kept my handlebar large.But as i get older i have decided that large is not always better :p lol
So it has been trimmed back.Easier to maintain (I know what you gals go through with long hair!!)and doesn't clash with my vintage/dressier clothes.The large moustache attracted the attention.I liked that the first few years but don't care as much now.

I have never really attracted the girls,much less with my moustache.Some guys just have the looks for that.Lucky fellas!!
I received more comments and emails from men than women :p

But that doesn't matter as i have my Lavendar Lady.Thats all that counts!!!

JD

erikb02809

One of the Regulars
I think I dig the smaller 'stache more, but kudos on the handlebar. I think with some folks, it almost looks like that style of mustache is actually wearing them, but you pull it off very well.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
JD they both look great.You have a perfect face for that type of large moustache. I agree though maintaining takes some time. Mine is not as thick as yours so I need to wax or there is just too much blowing around.I will be trimming mine soon.

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
Mr. JD,

If I were a lady, I'd say you looked cute with a mustache. Please don't quote me on that! :p

Definitely not your normal look yet it is a normal look

I like the shorter handlebar, the last two photos. The longer one seems like it could eat your face.

Molly O'Star

New in Town
I know the little groove is called the "philtrum," but I'm not sure about the entire area. :)

I am definitely a big fan of facial hair. Everything from moustache to full beard... but only if it's well-groomed. My parents live in Upstate New York, so I've had plenty of exposure to the "Mountain Man" look and it just doesn't work for me.

Sideburns are key... I find that a lot of men now wear them too short.

CharlieH.

One Too Many
Molly O'Star said:
I know the little groove is called the "philtrum," but I'm not sure about the entire area. :)

I did a search on that, and sure enough, it is. Then I find the phrase "... a smooth philtrum are signs of FAS..." (Fetal Alcohol Syndrome).

Guess I'll rephrase my last post!

moustache

Practically Family
happyfilmluvguy said:
Mr. JD,

If I were a lady, I'd say you looked cute with a mustache. Please don't quote me on that! :p

Definitely not your normal look yet it is a normal look

I like the shorter handlebar, the last two photos. The longer one seems like it could eat your face.

Thanks for the compliment.And you are right about the longer one.I have had some say it covers too much of my face.My friends say thats great lol :p

But i do like the shorter more "conservative" moustache better right now.I admit i miss the large stache.It attracted a lot of attention and kids always pointed atm e saying" Look mommy!!Look at that huge moustache!".I always got a kick out of that.

JD

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
JD - I really hoped that you would join this thread.:eusa_clap
To me your new look - the trimmed - is very, very stylish!!!!
(I myself would go for it, if only my wife....u know)

The handelbar is fantastic - but also a bit...ummm....:eusa_doh: .....shall we call it: Over the hill. It's the sort of moustache that looks so great in drawings and old paintings, but seeing it - live - it may become too....:D
Cheers.

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
the bigger handle bar may look good to a certain extent, but it seems it could get tiresome after a while. Nothing wrong with a big mustache, though. If you can pull it off, that's impressive. I don't think I could, but you sure can.

thetankw/ahat

Familiar Face
heres a photo of my dad several years ago. he just recently got rid of the beard. my opinion is he's going through a mid-life crisis. he also just got contacts a few months ago.
StPatrickDad.jpg

Hammelby

One of the Regulars
:I) ..or.. :<) ?

Alreet!

I finaly had my webcam up and running so heres my mustache :I)
This is the mustache this morning. Its closer to the upper lip, but not so dark..
pencil.jpg

This was last summer where I had my mustache in a more 45 degree angle, a bit thicker and darker wich gives me a very old fashioned look i guess, but its sometimes hard to hmm.. relax with this persistent "old look" (everyones staring) :<)

larswall.jpg

oh.. and without mustache, its on my avatar (and yes that looks best with the cap, very paperboyish i guess?). Any comments? :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe