Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Szaszi-hats (Vienna). Wonderful hats!

davidraphael

Practically Family
Wow. Check out this hutmacher in Vienna. Some absolutely incredible hats (if you have the money!).

http://www.szaszi.com/en/modelle.htm

homburg.jpg

traveller.jpg

vienna_814_szaszi_hute_4e932c746a107457ea000112_store_main_new.jpg

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
I have seen some of his hats over the past few years. They are nice but very expensive. As for the trim work, one would best use Art Fawcett as his custom hats are the best on the market for the price.

Lexybeast

A-List Customer
I remember this spot being brought up before. The most interesting thing about this place (and perhaps the reason for the prices):

"Szaszi hats are made of the finest raw materials. The stumps are delivered by the very best factories only. The felt is made out of shorn hair of rabbits, wild rabbits, nutria, beaver, mink, sable and chinchilla. Only the hair is used, the animal is not hurt."

Can you imagine a farm full of shaved rodents running around?

I remember this spot being brought up before. The most interesting thing about this place (and perhaps the reason for the prices):

"Szaszi hats are made of the finest raw materials. The stumps are delivered by the very best factories only. The felt is made out of shorn hair of rabbits, wild rabbits, nutria, beaver, mink, sable and chinchilla. Only the hair is used, the animal is not hurt."

Can you imagine a farm full of shaved rodents running around?

Yes, that has indeed been noted here previously.

We, being the gentle persons that we are, would like to give the fellow the benefit of the doubt and chalk up that extravagant claim to a poor translation into English. But even the most generous among us would have to admit that doing so would betray credulity to such a degree that it might give folks reason to think our affairs might be better entrusted to others.

But then, anyone who thinks that 810 euro (about 1,052 USD currently) is a reasonable starting price for such a hat (they go up from there quite dramatically) might be convinced that beavers and rabbits and nutria and such might hold still for a shearing.

Last edited:

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Yes, that has indeed been noted here previously.

We, being the gentle persons that we are, would like to give the fellow the benefit of the doubt and chalk up that extravagant claim to a poor translation into English. But even the most generous among us would have to admit that doing so would betray credulity to such a degree that it might give folks reason to think our affairs might be better entrusted to others.

But then, anyone who thinks that 810 euro (about 1,052 USD currently) is a reasonable starting price for such a hat (they go up from there quite dramatically) might be convinced that beavers and rabbits and nutria and such might hold still for a shearing.

I have to come right out and say it - it's not a translation error. He claims the same thing in the German version.

Last edited:

seabass

Call Me a Cab
well heck i get a haircut every 10 days....it does add up $ wise....
hmmm bald beavers,bunnys,
did i just say that ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe