Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Summer Acquisitions

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
I did some hat shopping while in the states over the summer, so here are some of my acquisitions.

Late 20's-Early 30's Mallory:
DSC01421.jpg

DSC01424.jpg

DSC01422.jpg

DSC01426.jpg

DSC01427.jpg

DSC01419.jpg

DSC01418.jpg

DSC01417.jpg

DSC01416.jpg

The only picture of me wearing it.
pict2932cs4.jpg

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Chocolate Brown Resistol

The pictures don't really do this hat justice. The felt is so pliable and lightweight and the color is really more of a rich chocolate.

DSC01434.jpg

DSC01436.jpg

DSC01437.jpg

DSC01439.jpg

DSC01440.jpg

The brim has an underwelt, which simulates a Cavanagh edge, both in how the brim shapes and how it looks.

Underside:
DSC01442.jpg

Top side:
DSC01443.jpg

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Adam Hat

I have no idea how to date this hat, but it has a whip-stitched sweatband (as opposed to reeded) and doesn't have plastic in the liner. I thought this hat was neat because the brim binding has two layers of stitching. The brim is really wide on this hat.

DSC01444.jpg

DSC01445.jpg

DSC01446.jpg

DSC01447.jpg

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Where did you find those hats? Was it in an antique store where you visited?

They're a great find.

Were they expensive? If they were a 7 1/2 or larger on the 'bay they'd go for 100-200 bucks a pop.

Well done! :eusa_clap

:D

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Thanks everybody. I surely will enjoy them, feltfan.

Where did you find those hats? Was it in an antique store where you visited?
Actually, all of these are from eBay. I tried on a few at a vintage store but couldn't justify their prices. These were all $10-$20, and the store wanted $45 a pop.

-ray

squid

One of the Regulars
A size 7, eh? Interested in a very nice Borsalino Milan straw with a loose sweatband?

Anyway, these are some great hats you found. And some great buys too.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow,those are absolutely beautiful. Nice work finding them.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Thanks, everybody for the compliments! I have one more hat that I haven't taken pictures of. Sadly I didn't give it the treatment I gave to the other hats I bought. It was raining out so I figured I'd just take some quick shots.
Here is my 60's stingy brim gray hat. Perhaps I will one day find a James Bond-esque suit to wear it with?

CIMG4147.jpg

CIMG4148.jpg

(note that I do not actually have a lazy eye. I have no idea what happened in this picture)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe