Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

suede hat?

Wil Tam

Practically Family
A NOS suede fedora by Dobbs which I got off eBay for $0.99 & $9.00 shipping ... the hat box was all beat up so ask the seller to not send it to me ... she knocked the shipping to $5.00

thought I would give it a try since it was so inexpensive ... total was $7.20 with insurance.

IMO I didn't think I would like it since I'm a die hard vintage fedora guy .. but it was pretty cool looking after I removed the feather.

IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

I mean I like it well enough to wear once in a while ... what I don't like about that hat are the seams.

what are your thoughts on it & do any of you guys own a suede hat?

oldgimpy1

New in Town
i have a couple,one like your and another a flat english style cap.i'm not fond of suede being to easy to stain so i treated buth of them with mink oil and now they look like leather from on old bomber jacket....not recomended for everyone but i'm kind of a slob and prefer low mantainance easy clean items..

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Don't have any myself, but if I did, it would have to be a Dobbs with a nice liner! Those seams are a little attention-grabbing to me, but not unseamly.:p

Wil Tam

Practically Family
mink oil?

oldgimpy1 said:
i have a couple,one like your and another a flat english style cap.i'm not fond of suede being to easy to stain so i treated buth of them with mink oil and now they look like leather from on old bomber jacket....not recomended for everyone but i'm kind of a slob and prefer low mantainance easy clean items..

so the oil will make the tan suede brown leather like... hmmm sounds like a plan ... where can I get some mink oil, is it a spray on?

oldgimpy1

New in Town
i use kiwi outdoor mink oil,it's for shoes and comes in a can....you might want to try it on something you don't care about first......there's no going back

the stuff has the consistancy of shoe polish,the best way i found is by rubbing it in with you finger doing small areas at a time

Dewhurst

Practically Family
My opinion on the looks of a hat and whether it "works" or not should rarely be trusted;) ,but I think this suede hat looks good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe