Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Style tips / recommendations

xontros85

New in Town
Hi all
Next month I have my son’s baptism here in Greece And I’m looking for the outfit..
would be in a small church in a small forest (I live in an island so the longer distance from sea is few minutes by car) and the average temperature in an August afternoon 30-35 celcius
Ceremony would be no “much formal” but “smart casual”
I ll keep it safe and simple
I want something military inspired and I had an eye on bronson’s Gurkha pants in khaki color..
any recommendations for the top..?I’m thinking a short sleeve olive green shirt or a camp collar shirt or just a simple T-shirt
I’m making this post coz I’m sure that many members from the forum have the pants and probably had wear in a more formal occasion
Thanks in advance and pls excuse my English

Monte

Practically Family
Hi all
Next month I have my son’s baptism here in Greece And I’m looking for the outfit..
would be in a small church in a small forest (I live in an island so the longer distance from sea is few minutes by car) and the average temperature in an August afternoon 30-35 celcius
Ceremony would be no “much formal” but “smart casual”
I ll keep it safe and simple
I want something military inspired and I had an eye on bronson’s Gurkha pants in khaki color..
any recommendations for the top..?I’m thinking a short sleeve olive green shirt or a camp collar shirt or just a simple T-shirt
I’m making this post coz I’m sure that many members from the forum have the pants and probably had wear in a more formal occasion
Thanks in advance and pls excuse my English
I like the idea of olive shirt w a collar. Also, a Greek-based Hatter we mostly recommend could whip you up a piece you could wear forever. Might not get done that quickly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240707_165637_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240707_165637_Chrome.jpg
    329.2 KB · Views: 37

Monte

Practically Family
I also like linens in hot weather.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240707_170836_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240707_170836_Chrome.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 35

Monte

Practically Family
I like the idea of olive shirt w a collar. Also, a Greek-based Hatter we mostly recommend could whip you up a piece you could wear forever. Might not get done that quickly.
I shouldn't have said "we". I speak for myself only. Also, I believe Irish linen is a little heavier and would be something I would look at before deciding on anything linen, which is prone to wrinkle badly. I now see by the pants you mentioned that you are going for cool and casual. By all means post your outfit or even a baptism picture. Well wishes to u and your family.
I wore a navy suit to my daughter's special day.

Attachments

• 20240707_194959.jpg
    20240707_194959.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 40

xontros85

New in Town
Sorry for the delayed reply!
Thanks a lot for the tips and your time ..
Probably I ll go for a matching/suiting set from universal works !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld