Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Style Icon: Douglas Fairbanks, Jr.

mike

Call Me a Cab
just_me said:
He may have been stylish, but I can't forget when watching him that he was a friendly witness and willingly named names to the House Committee on Un-American Activities.

I didn't know that about Adolphe Menjou. I really appreciate the post. That makes me view him in an entirely different light :(

I always find it very interesting to get some insight on public figures (in this case, actors) regarding what they were like as people, what drives them and a sense of their moral character behind their public face by way of how they react or respond to world events. Ex/Marlene Dietrich, Peter Lorre, Conrad Veidt & Fritz Lang's intense drive to speak out against what happened to their homeland. I was similarly let down by the likes of Emil Jannings and Paul Wegener. Such is life.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
During the rather short marriage Fairbanks and Crawford made quite a stylish team

CN00036556_LARGE.JPG

Douglas+Fairbanks+Jr+Joan+Crawford.gif

douglasfairbanksandjoancrawfor.jpg

biodivajoancrawfordfairbanks.jpg

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
She probably had a stable of young studs to take her out to the Sunset Strip, the Opera, boating in Catalina and such. Everyone seems to have a price regardless of looks.;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken