Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stuck on You: Double Sided (Fashion) Tape

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I recently purchased a pair of really great pinup girl short-shorts at a flea market. Problem: I have some extra flab around my upper/inner thighs and the shorts ride up there, making shorts shorts on me a very unpleasant sight.

So - I thought I might try tape in the offending area to prevent bunching. Have you ladies used any tape directly on your skin for something like this? Did it irritate your skin? Did it work? When pulling it off were you screaming? Did it leave a mark for a week?

Tips, brands, suggestions, etc.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I have used tape directly on my skin to keep bra straps in place, to keep necklines from stretching open, all sorts of things. It will not irritate your skin, it won't hurt when you pull it off, you have nothing to worry about.

However, I'm not sure it will really hold enough to stand up to inner thigh friction, but it's worth a try I guess.

P.S. I think fashion tape is the best fashion accessory on earth and I never go out without some in my bag. It's great for everything. I use Topstick Fashion Fix tape. It's available at Sally Beauty and comes in 2 sizes of strips that are easy to tuck into any purse.

http://www.fashionfixtape.com/

Miss_Bella_Hell

KittyT said:
However, I'm not sure it will really hold enough to stand up to inner thigh friction, but it's worth a try I guess.

Well, that's what I was wondering about. I was thinking I might have to get wig tape or something.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Well, that's what I was wondering about. I was thinking I might have to get wig tape or something.

Well you can always try it and if it doesn't work, there are tons of other things it WILL work for.

cailinbeag

Familiar Face
I've used it as well, and never had a problem. It doesn't even leave a red mark when I take it off, but it sure does stick my clothes to me.

I don't know how well tape would work on the inside of a pair of shorts. Reason being the fabric moves up and down, side to side as we stand, sit, etc. If you tape it so that the fabric lays flat while you stand, then it will pull when you sit and if you tape it when you sit, there will be excess fabric when you stand.

Miss 1929

Never heard of it before and must rush out and buy some! How handy!

My wedding dress was low-cut and backless, so we ended up sewing bits of moleskin (the kind you stick inside shoes) on the inside of the tops of the shoulders and sticking it to me. I did have nice little welts through the honeymoon, but the dress stayed on through the wedding!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Miss 1929 said:
Never heard of it before and must rush out and buy some! How handy!

It's very handy, especially if you accidentally rip out a hem or have a loose neckline or dress that sits wide on the shoulders. My favorite use though is using it to keep the end of a fabric belt flat. You know, there's never a loop to put it through and often it won't reach the belt loops on the side of a dress. Taping it down works wonders :)

You can get it at some beauty supply stores, in the lingerie dept of most department stores, or at most fabric stores.

Inky

One Too Many
KittyT said:
My favorite use though is using it to keep the end of a fabric belt flat. You know, there's never a loop to put it through and often it won't reach the belt loops on the side of a dress. Taping it down works wonders :)

That is brilliant Kitty! I just was complaining about this a couple weekends ago. I will be looking for this tape next time I am out and about!! thank you!!

cecil

A-List Customer
KittyT said:
My favorite use though is using it to keep the end of a fabric belt flat. You know, there's never a loop to put it through and often it won't reach the belt loops on the side of a dress. Taping it down works wonders :)

Brilliant! :eusa_clap
I have fashion tape and I have this problem, but I never put two and two together.

Miss_Bella_Hell

cailinbeag said:
I've used it as well, and never had a problem. It doesn't even leave a red mark when I take it off, but it sure does stick my clothes to me.

I don't know how well tape would work on the inside of a pair of shorts. Reason being the fabric moves up and down, side to side as we stand, sit, etc. If you tape it so that the fabric lays flat while you stand, then it will pull when you sit and if you tape it when you sit, there will be excess fabric when you stand.

This is the kind of situation where I'd probably just...plan to stand all day! lol

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
You're welcome girls, glad to be of help!

It only works for lighter weight belts though. For heavier leather belts, I put a matching hair elastic around the belt and use that as a loop. Not the best, but it works!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
KittyT said:

That is the smartest thing!
I Have some but never use it. Now I know what to use it for, thanks!

LD

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe