Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stretch mark coverage

Girl Friday

Practically Family
I think it is interesting that men can have stretch marks too... unlike cellulite :mad: Yucky cellulite!

Isn't it just a scar basically? Could you use Mederma? or the new stuff that Head On makes...I can't remember what it is called, but pretty obvious who makes it "apply directly to the scar..."

jayem

A-List Customer
**Bump**

I'm blessed with a bountiful amount of stretch marks. Ew. I got them after my dad died and I turned to food for comfort. Now after countless creams and odd remedies... they've faded to that white color. I went to an all girls high school, and can tell you that the skinniest, most perfect looking girls had them as well. Thighs, breasts, and hips seem to be the most common placement, though I have them on my lower tummy as well.

The best thing that works in my case is exercise. The skin constricts back to its normal vicinity, and the marks are faded almost ten fold. Keep making sure your skin is moisturized, and Vitamin E is a life saver. I've noticed, the more 'natural' your skin tone is, the less noticeable they are. When you get to much color, they start to show up more.

Guys don't care, trust me. If they do care, they are shallow and not worth your time. Having a winning personality and the gift of charm and wit, and they'll come knocking down your door, stretch marks or not.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
I've been using this on my face for my horrible dry skin and its 100% better. Then the other day while I was putting on my on my legs I asked my self why havent I started putting it on the scars on my legs from my clutsy self? I'ma see how well that is. I didnt even think about the stretch marks!
Smuterella said:
bio oil bio oil bio oil

dostacos said:
ok, I think I am the first GUY to answer this, here goes.

NO we probably won't get upset with the stretch marks, [actually if the guy is that shallow, run the other direction as fast as possible]

In other words, if the guy is only interested in looks, you don't need him, if he sees YOU, then it won't matter to him in the slightest.

Now as you are sweet 16, I will tread lightly;) however, when you are of consenting adult age, and are in a serious relationship, [like with a RING on the finger cousin father Bob has performed the appropriate ceremony {no, NOT the elevator operator at the InterContinental Mark Hopkins Hotel while riding to the TOP OF THE MARK! but a real Priest, Pastor, Rabbi Shaman, Holy (Wo)man or other LICENSED person that can serve in this capacity} you have said young man of sound stock, and fine upbringing, rub the "special" lotion on these "stretch marks"

Now it does not need to be something that actually treat them, just a good excuse for you to get a nice massage:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

lol lol lol

I'm kinda glad someone else has stretch marks on their back. I just thought I was special! Lucky for me, I have a tattoo on my back right where the stretch marks appeared so you can really see them!! They've faded to silvery now. I have them on my massive thighs too (thighs like a vice me lol) but I don't do anything with them at all. They fade with time if ou just leave them. I do recommend moisturising your skin every day though, that should help reduce the amount that you get.

I've heard bio oil is very good too, but it's a wee bit expensive. I was recommended vitamin E to put on my piercing scars too. I never bothered and now I just have a load of holes in my face, but my cousin swaers by bio oil for that, and she has no holes at all.

I ramble :D

EDIT; I forgot to add, I have never had anyone say anything about my stretch marks, my boyfriend certainly hasn't seen them as I'm never without clothes (of course; we are yet to be married). I'll be honest, they tend to look a whole lot worse to the owner, it's one thing that I feel particularly scared about revealing when I go swimming, but I don't think they're half as bad as I imagine them to be, and I'm sure yours are the same missis :)

thebadmamajama

Practically Family
B. Do guys really care about them? I know this is the "Beauty" section but in anyone’s experience. Do they care? Do they even notice?
DON'T WORRY!

I have them, too (and I'm about 5'10"...it's not so bad! My guy actually think's they're AWESOME and loves them. I tried to hide them for so long and then he noticed them and thinks they're intriguing and unique and fun. So don't worry.:) It's a part of you.

sophia la shok

One of the Regulars
i think to be honest your a lucky lucky lady if you don't get them. i'm sure everyone has a had a few at some point. i have many which have faded over the years and i got bullied for it at school but then the girls who bullied em were the ones that grew into rigid women with no curves or bosom or butt. so well, i win now.

my bf who is only a tiny little guy even has some on his arms but i like them cos it makes me feel less bothered about the way i look. also it means that we match now!

bio oil is great for most skin complaints i have found. excpept my exzema on my hair line which refuses to be treated with anything. boo hiss.

as for men noticing them... my theory is that if they say anything other than they are lovely cos they're a apart of you, then the man isn't worth it. the right one will always love you because of your flaws and not in spite of them. :0)

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
I was doing some research on that Bio Oil and here is what I found:

Bio Oil contains Purcellin Oil. Purcellin Oil is from the preen gland oil of birds. (except Emu's).

ANd then I found this other product with Purcellin Oil.

http://www.copperboppers.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16437&cat=252&bestseller

When used on a regular basis, this deep cleansing bath spray conditions your bird's skin. It also softens and brightens plumage. Contains natural preen gland oil (purcellin oil), lanolin, and aloe vera.

Relieves minor skin irritations, removes scales which cause scratching and feather picking, and also prevents excessive molting.

So in short, not only will the Bio Oil be helpful for the marks, but it will also brighten your plumage.

and who couldn't use brighter plumage?

live vintageous

Familiar Face
PolkaDotMeggie said:
I wonder if that would work for dandruff? But I guess that is another story for a different thread.
I second a dandruff thread. I don't have usual dandruff (oily scalp, oily hair). I think I have a couple of patches of scalp psoriasis, or else extremely dry scalp. It's maddening at times! My hair dresser says it's nothing, that I don't have dandruff, and not to worry so. Blah. Okay, sorry to invade the stretch mark post.

Surprise! I have stretch marks, too. Sometimes I like them (the artist in me finds the silvery-lavendar shade interesting) and usually I'm neutral about them. For me, they are memory scars. They remind me of when I was 120 lbs. overweight. And now I'm not. So, they don't let me forget something so wonderful as losing weight. Perhaps we should allow our stretch marks to remind us of life's journies. Growing up, having children, losing weight, etc.

(I like your image of lion scars. It's imaginative.)

dani

Familiar Face
the bio-oil is great, when i was younger i was on a competitive gymnastics team, i was so skinny, and had no curves at all because of how much i worked out, ate everything i could because the kids made fun of me foe being so small, so when i stopped gymnastics i developed really fast, and went from having no breast to haveing a c-cup. i think i was around 14, they had strech marks all over them, after i had my daughter they were worse, and i used the bio-oil, and now you can't see them.

live vintageous

Familiar Face
I might have to try the bio oil. I have some squalene oil on the way, so I think I'll try that first. It, too, is supposed to be good for stretch marks, and skin in general. I actually bought it to use on my face for some extra moisture, but I'm going to try using it on a spot of stretch marks and compare it.

Thanks for the tip...

stretch mark coverage (TMI)

Hello ladies, this is my first post and I wish it were about something less embarrasing but I will be in a wedding soon and have to wear a strapless dress; I have somewhat noticeble stretch marks on my bust( I developed very quickly) and was wondering if any of you had any makeup tricks or tips to make them less noticeable. I have been using strivectin for sometime but it hasn't really helped. Thank you beforehand.

Joie DeVive said:
I've heard that really expensive one (Strivectin??) does work.
It doesn't work as well as I thought it would and I wasn't expecting a miracle. They are not as bad as they were when I was 13 but at 24 its kind of embarrasing, my ex boyfriend once commented that the top of my bust looked like a pink zebra. Needless to say he never saw the rest.

The Shirt

Practically Family
I have some scarring on my back which then eliminates me wanting to wear backless tops. I tried some of my mineral makeup powder on a whim on them. It certainly blended out the scars. Might be worht a try. I have to use a darker color than what I use on my face - but I really thought it worked well.

The Shirt said:
I have some scarring on my back which then eliminates me wanting to wear backless tops. I tried some of my mineral makeup powder on a whim on them. It certainly blended out the scars. Might be worht a try. I have to use a darker color than what I use on my face - but I really thought it worked well.
I tried it and it actually looks pretty good.
Unless you are really staring at my breasts you can't really tell. Thanks so much for the tip.

dostacos said:
ok, I think I am the first GUY to answer this, here goes.

NO we probably won't get upset with the stretch marks, [actually if the guy is that shallow, run the other direction as fast as possible]

In other words, if the guy is only interested in looks, you don't need him, if he sees YOU, then it won't matter to him in the slightest.

Now as you are sweet 16, I will tread lightly;) however, when you are of consenting adult age, and are in a serious relationship, [like with a RING on the finger cousin father Bob has performed the appropriate ceremony {no, NOT the elevator operator at the InterContinental Mark Hopkins Hotel while riding to the TOP OF THE MARK! but a real Priest, Pastor, Rabbi Shaman, Holy (Wo)man or other LICENSED person that can serve in this capacity} you have said young man of sound stock, and fine upbringing, rub the "special" lotion on these "stretch marks"

Now it does not need to be something that actually treat them, just a good excuse for you to get a nice massage:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Glad to here a guys opinion on this. For the most part no one ever really mentions it too much but they will look very intentently at my chest for what feels like forever.

Minerva

Familiar Face
If you're really worried about it, puncture a Vitamin E capsule and drip it over the afflicted area(s). Repeat every few days.

It's not a big deal, though. No one's going to notice unless you point them out. I have some interesting ones from where my daughter was sticking her feet while I was pregnant, and a long one along where her spine was. They fade out eventually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe