Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Sovereign (WITH PICS)

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Here it is.

Okay, I put in the creases I like and am wearing it out tonight. this is what it looks like.
IMG20071102_20081007_0001_1.jpg

fedoralover

Levallois

Practically Family
Absolutely gorgeous hat!

How did you get your bash to look so perfect? My hats always look like I sat on them.

John

fedoralover said:
The brim on mine measures 2 3/4ths from the edge of the sweatband out to the edge of the brim. On the tag the name "Ambassador" is spelled out completely and the color is printed on as well "Moonstone".

I have given what you guys have been saying about wearing it a lot of thought and I feel you all are correct. Just keeping it in a box would seem kinda pointless as the only people that would ever see it would probably be me and a few hat loving friends. Thanks for all the input and the links.

regards fedoralover

Whoa, that's well more than a whisker wider than my Ambassador, which, when measured from the ribbon out (on the topside of the brim, of course), is only 2 3/8ths, if memory serves. Measurements taken on the underside, per your technique, typically yield slightly larger results. So I'm guessing those earlier Ambassadors (I think it's safe to assume that yours is earlier) had brims about a quarter-inch wider than the later ones.

Real nice lid, fedoralover. I'll join the others and vote for giving it some use, too, but not so much that it's the worse for it when I finally talk you into selling it to me. ;)

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Oi, what a great bash you gave it. Like the others here, I vote to use it. A great hat like that is meant to be worn.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
fedoralover said:
Okay, I put in the creases I like and am wearing it out tonight. this is what it looks like.
IMG20071102_20081007_0001_1.jpg

fedoralover

Now that, sir, is a beautiful thing! Beautiful lid, fine looking bash.....let's see your face under that snapped brim? Every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man. lol lol lol

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
fedoralover said:
The brim on mine measures 2 3/4ths from the edge of the sweatband out to the edge of the brim. On the tag the name "Ambassador" is spelled out completely and the color is printed on as well "Moonstone".

I have given what you guys have been saying about wearing it a lot of thought and I feel you all are correct. Just keeping it in a box would seem kinda pointless as the only people that would ever see it would probably be me and a few hat loving friends. Thanks for all the input and the links.

regards fedoralover
The brims on my Sovereign Ambassadors are just over 2 1/2",
measured from the sweat, as you do.

If I recall correctly, you have top knotch, classic era (as opposed
to 60s) Stetson AND Cavanagh 100s. Hey, why not wear the Stetson 20?

Justdog

Practically Family
fedoralover said:
I got the hat today and I have to say I am very impressed. I have bought many hats off ebay the last 10 years and this ranks with the top. I honestly believe it has never been worn. there is not one indication that the crown has ever been creased. I have a Dobbs 20 with a Cav edge and is very soft and I thought they would be equals, but the Stetson has a much denser felt. It's no wonder they charged double what a Whippet cost for it. I'm afraid I'll be hanging on to this one. It is flawless, not one moth nibble or stain anywhere.
Yep you done real good sweet all the way Beautiful liner!:eusa_clap

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for all the compliments Gents, and not to stretch this thread out too long, but I thought maybe you all would be interested to see the difference in color between the Sovereign and my Whippet. The Whippet almost looks brown next to it, but it is gray. The Sovereign seems to have a touch of Blue in it that I didn't really notice untill I compared it with my other Gray fedora's. It's quite a contrast, and the difference in felt quality is just as great.
IMG20071102_20081009_0001.jpg

fedoralover

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe