Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson remains in Philadelphia!

PabloElFlamenco

Practically Family
It's impressive (and sad) to see these photographs, thanks St.Ignatz for putting them up. To think that Stetson was almost an "empire" once...most of my favorite hats are Stetson, in the French language, one "porte un stetson", meaning a cowboy hat... I know the scale of the USA is too large to fairly stage a get-together of Fedora Loungers, it would in practical terms exclude others living too far away, but the lounge might look at a mythical place for the board's 10th anniversary general meeting...away with these pipedreams :eek: or, worse, nostalgia...
Paul

tortswon

Practically Family
Philly Get Together

Paul, we are having a get together on January 24 here in Philadelphia. There is a direct no-stop flight from Amsterdam. I'll provide lodging. Come to Philly! Best, Sam

Lou

One of the Regulars
The Philly suburbs have been my base since I was 17. I had a bad impression of much of the city until 2007, when I started working there and got to know it better. I still have a lot of exploring to do, but I appreciate it much more and would even consider living in the city.

As Dumbjaw says, Philly's ghettos are pretty bad but contained.

MattJH

One Too Many
Lou said:
The Philly suburbs have been my base since I was 17. I had a bad impression of much of the city until 2007, when I started working there and got to know it better. I still have a lot of exploring to do, but I appreciate it much more and would even consider living in the city.

It's pretty amazing how quickly your view of the city changes once you're an actual part of it, isn't it? Every previous impression I had about Philadelphia was absolutely dead wrong, and I even grew up here until I was 15, but it was in the Greater Northeast (which may as well be a suburb).

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
Reposted pics.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Stetson.jpg

StetsonBldg.jpg

JBStetson.jpg

JohnB.jpg

sorry, reorganized and had to re-enter the photos

tortswon

Practically Family
A word to the wise...

The sushi bar whose sign is depicted is fair at best as well as overpriced. If you choose to visit, I suggest you eat elsewhere. Best, Sam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe