Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Playboy Won... Oh no!!!!!!!

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
You won it, and you're having remorse?
Or did you let it get away, and now you wish you had bought it?
Do you want us to tell you the hat is a good thing, or that remorse is? :D

The price is about what a new Stetson Temple goes for. If you were the winning bidder, you got a vintage prize at what I would think is a good price.
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

mineral

One of the Regulars
EVEN-STEVEN said:
I think buyer's remorse is setting in. :eusa_doh: Please, somebody tell me it's a good thing -- quick!

Here's the trick to beat off all buyer's remorse in Vickrey-esque auction. Just remember that there is that other guy who is willing to pay $1 less than you for the item (who as such at least share your belief in the item for the amount it went for), and that since you had originally certainly committed to paying more you should be happy you got it for less.

Works every time, unless you are the sole bidder .... :)

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If it were my size you would be upset that I beat you out of the bid. The hat isn't super old but it is a fair price you paid and you will be happy once it is on your head.
$130 is a lot of money sure but this is an investment that you will wear for many years.

toobacat

One of the Regulars
It looks nice to me. Comparing it to the price of a Stetson Temple makes it sound like a steal!

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
Don't be remorseful!

You just won my second favorite vintage hat (the first being a Whippet).

stetson_playboy.jpg

Congratulations!

-Dave

tinmanzzz

A-List Customer
REMORSE ????

If it were a 5/8's you would never won it that low...:D :D
I tracked it and thought it was a Great Buy
You don't find many steals in Large Hats :D :D
Good Job !!!

Spellflower

Practically Family
Just you try to find a hat that nice on the shelf in a hat shop for the same money! Or in an online retailer! You found a hat in your size that you liked on ebay, (which is not always easy to do) and you payed a fair price. Good for you! Enjoy it.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Amen... but

I heartily second all these opinions. A great vintage item in awesome condition with the superb quality of vintage felt at less than you would pay for something similar of modern manufacture, if you can find it...which you can't. The icing on the cake is that it is one of five iconic Stetson models (Playboy, Open Road, Whippet, Flagship & Stratoliner) that most of us would walk over our Grandmother to get a crack at... however, if this remorse continues I would happily volunteer to relive you of your burden for what you paid, should the crushing weight of guilt prove to be just too much, just call on me, and I'll be there f/you, my friend! :D

I don't expect to be hearing from you though... ;)

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
What everyone else said! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Enjoy it for years to come!

Tom

PS At least you didn't do what I've done before in pulling the trigger before the word "wool" in the listing sank in! That was cause for buyer's remorse! :eusa_doh:

nulty

One of the Regulars
Welcome to the Dark Side brother..there's no turning back...:fedora:

Makes me wonder if this where the phrase " I'll Eat My Hat" came from..

It's all good....

Relax

Enjoy..

tinmanzzz

A-List Customer
Rick, Your All Heart

Rick Blaine said:
I heartily second all these opinions. A great vintage item in awesome condition with the superb quality of vintage felt at less than you would pay for something similar of modern manufacture, if you can find it...which you can't. The icing on the cake is that it is one of five iconic Stetson models (Playboy, Open Road, Whippet, Flagship & Stratoliner) that most of us would walk over our Grandmother to get a crack at... however, if this remorse continues I would happily volunteer to relive you of your burden for what you paid, should the crushing weight of guilt prove to be just too much, just call on me, and I'll be there f/you, my friend! :D

I don't expect to be hearing from you though... ;)
Rick, Your all Heart.;) Just think, this poor guy is stuck with wearing a classic Hat in Great shape for the price of a New off the shelf Stetson :eek: :eek: :eek:

S

Samsa

Had I been spending as much time on eBay as I was this time last year you would not have won that hat - or you would have paid more for it! Enjoy your hat, and be sure to post more pictures when it arrives.

Jerekson

One Too Many
Ugh. I've always felt pain while bashing a hat - that pristine open shape will be gone forever after.

Gorgeous score. Simply stunning.

EVEN-STEVEN

One of the Regulars
Thanks for all your support, gents!

Feeling better now about pulling the trigger on this lid. It's great being part of this community. I'm sorry I waited so long to join! I'll post pics as soon as it arrives... if I can figure out how to post pics, that is.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Well, as the guy you beat out for this swell lid, let me say "Congrats!" No need for buyer's remorse -- it's a classic hat that looks to be in great condition. And, as others have noted, all at a fair price. You'll be glad you took the plunge once that baby is sittin' atop your noggin...Enjoy!

Cheers,
JtL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe