Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson 1940: "The Nonchalance is Blocked In"

Florida_Marlin

One of the Regulars
Ahead of Their Time

Maybe Stetson should market those now. You could wear it with your shirts that have the seams inside out!

tortswon

Practically Family
Oh!

That slant looked perfectly fine last night after a few bourbons, but today it's making my hangover worse. And just thinking about Joey Ramone on top of that...! Where's my ice pack?

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
"I'm not drunk deputy...I've got my nonchalance blocked in..."
otiscownj7.jpg

HarpPlayerGene said:
I wonder if there was a brief test market period after which this product was not seriously pursued. If any of these actually made it out the door of a retailer, it would probably be a pretty rare piece now.

That's what I was thinkin' too. This is the first I've ever heard of this model. Has anyone here ever come across a Stetson Slant? Or any other period advertising for it?

We've been over this faux-worn territory at some length before, in regards (as I recall) to artificially "distressed" items ranging from jeans to leather jackets to electric guitars and Lord knows what all else. The general view around these parts was not favorable.

ADHD librarian

One of the Regulars
Not something I've seen (or heard of) before. But I'm going to swim against the tide and say I quite like it.

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
Probably the only way you would know if you had a Stetson Slant is if the band said something to that effect, otherwise it was probably reshaped by wearers over time.

And I've made a couple of these bashes before when I forgot I put my hat in my chair.;)

Craig Robertson

One of the Regulars
ADHD librarian said:
Not something I've seen (or heard of) before. But I'm going to swim against the tide and say I quite like it.

I would agree. Maybe it's not a hat I'd wear everyday...but it has a lot of attitude, and that's a big part of apparel.

Stan

A-List Customer
Feraud said:
It's a total poseur job!
This is like buying punk rock clothing at Bloomingdale's or sitting at home with scissors trying to make your jeans look like Joey Ramone. :rolleyes:
Selling cool to the uncool.

Thanks for posting this JTL. For anyone who thinks everyone had style back in the day, this affirms that companies were selling the look. The more things change..

:)

Hi,

This reminds me of when I was a teenager. My dad had a bulldozer, and several friends used to come over with brand-new blue jeans to have them ground into the dirt under the dozer tracks.......

Later!

Stan

ADHD librarian

One of the Regulars
J. M. Stovall said:
Probably the only way you would know if you had a Stetson Slant is if the band said something to that effect, otherwise it was probably reshaped by wearers over time.

And I've made a couple of these bashes before when I forgot I put my hat in my chair.;)

I'd guess that this is less about the bash and more about an asymmetrical block. So it would be difficult to turn one into a regular bash or to make a regular hat look like that. Sure, you could bash a hat off centre, but it wouldn't have the same look (although it is hard to tell with an illustration rather than a photo).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe