Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

STETSON 100

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I saw that, but it was too small for me.
I liked the bash.

I'll be curious to hear how you like this hat
when it arrives.

DOUGLAS

I am hoping the quality is good as the logo and the appearance implies. i don't think I will be disapointed.

Tony in Tarzana

I was watching it and was glad you got it. I'm looking forward to a detailed report when you get it in your hands. $100 was a lot of money back then, at least equivalent to $1,000 today if not much more. It must be a heck of a hat.

DOUGLAS

What time prriod do you suppose it is from? $100.00 is a lot now. It's hard to think what type of man would buy this kind of hat. It does have very nice porportions and the material must be phenominal.

Marc

Vendor
If I remember correctly, the Stetson 100's were made entirely in hand (in opposite to the other Stetsons back then) from pure beaver felt. They came in a leather suitcase (I'm sure you've seen these around here before) and were only made to order (or so I've been told).

I've heard that they can be a bit on stiff side, but of course that could be removed from a good hatter if preferred.

You really got yourself a keeper there!

Regards,

Marc

funneman

Practically Family
It's a beauty...

Wow, you must have robbed a bank. You've been making an enormous amount of hat purchases!

What's your secret?

Marc said:
They came in a leather suitcase (I'm sure you've seen these around here before) and were only made to order (or so I've been told).

I remember one on eBay a while ago. With suitcase etc. that had only been worn once: To Richard Nixon's inauguration!!! Sold for quite the pretty penny.

There was one of the suitcases for sale recently. I don't think it got much.

bk

DOUGLAS

I have not decided what type of bash I will use ,I figure I will let the hat show me what it likes.
BK I saw that case and bid on it too. Some one out bid me and I did'nt want to win the case and loose the hat so.....I went for the hat.I think the case was more than 125.00 at last I looked.
I have bought many hats recently and there is no secret. I save my money for specific items I want,when I have enough saved I buy untill I have what I want.I am almost there.
Marc, I hope it is not too stiff. I've been spoiled with the Borsalinos and custom hats having soft pliable felt. BTW nice to see you on the forum man.

feltfan

DOUGLAS said:
I have bought many hats recently and there is no secret.

The #$@% secret is he is a 7 1/4 - 7 1/8.
When you are a 7 1/2 - 7 5/8 that appears to
be quite an advantage! There are just a lot
more hats available in that size. grumble grumble. ;)

Marc Chevalier said:
And the biggest secret of all is to wear a size 6 7/8, 7, or 7 1/8. Lots of incredible vintage hats available in those sizes, and they're cheap to boot.

Geez, my son is eight days old and his head is bigger than that. :p ;)
Larger sizes in nice styles are really tough to find as a bargain. You get what you pay for there. No payola no playola. :D There are still good finds out there though.

Regards,

J

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Although I haven't personally tried to change the crown (that's the decorative ribbon around the center of the hat, right?), the hat is so soft I can't see where that would be a problem at all. This hat hasn't stiffened at all over the years, and feels practically new.

um... no.
and I don't really think felt really stiffens with age.

I don't expect ebay people to know this- but Honestly...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe