Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

STETSON 100

Tommy Fedora

One of the Regulars
Really nice

I followed the bidding on that hat too until it got a little higher than I liked. But I still considered bidding, its so sweet.
Is anyone besides us buying fedoras on ebay ?? lol

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
That hat is worth every penny . I won one a few months ago on Ebay and tried to remodel it as a fedora , but it was a little to stiff. I think most of them were made on the Open Road style that was popular in the 1960's . I've never seen a Stetson dress 100 before , only Dobbs , Knox , Lee and of course Cavanaugh .

Steven

thefedorastore

A-List Customer
Tony in Tarzana said:
Oh cut it out, you've scored some pretty cool hats yourself lately. :)

The Shadow knows... lol

True Mr T, and many of them fit me! I won't be posting them in this forum however! They will be in the merchants sections and they will carry a price tag higher than most folks around here will pay, but they will find their appropriate heads and they are priced according to value. Everyone 'round here are excellent hat hunters, and I have to compete with them to get good stock! Perhaps I should 'contract' some buyers!!!

thefedorastore

A-List Customer
Baron Kurtz said:
ahh yes, many's the time ... outbid! by fedorastore! I don't mind at all. he who has the capital wins the auction, eh? Well, i get by with some good deals, i guess ...

bk

Sorry fellas, free enterprise. I appreciate your business-minded approach to this. I would hate to get a bunch of flames in my inbox. I am a sensitive man you know. I hope no one jumps in and pi??es on this thread, it would kill me!

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I enjoy the bidding competition,as long as I win. What I really like is that no matter how hard I look and scan for hats someone always seems to come up with a hat that I did'nt see. It goes to show everyones eyes are different .

Clevispin, That is stone work on the floor at the foot of the alter in the Cathedral of Palma. Very good work really. The structure was completed in 1301. I will get pics in the am. As far as the image hour glass=time, scull and crossed bones =death and the hat= the church. That style was worn by higher ranking clergy during that time period of the Holy Inquisition. I used to know what the tassles stand for but I have forgotten. The color too would have significants.

thefedorastore

A-List Customer
Tony in Tarzana said:
Well, I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition! :)

Entonces no tengo ninguna pregunta para ti! I was married by a bishop in Barcelona the first time around. Had a honeymoon in Ibiza, right next to Palma. Didn't get any pictures of stones though, and not least the kind that you share. ;)

Visigoth

A-List Customer
It was a tradition in at least one Spanish cathedral to hang the hats of cardinals from the ceiling after they died. The idea was that when the hat finally fell, the cardinal had been released from Purgatory (presumably into Heaven).

If they hated the cardinal, they'd chain his hat to the ceiling.

DOUGLAS

That is funny Visigoth.Here are some photos of that cathedral.
This was taken from my hotel.
DSCN2646.jpg

DSCN2669.jpg

DSCN2881.jpg

DSCN2862.jpg

DSCN2756.jpg

This is my avatar.
DSCN2825.jpg

Rick Blaine

In the long run...

thefedorastore said:
Sorry fellas, free enterprise. I appreciate your business-minded approach to this. I would hate to get a bunch of flames in my inbox. I am a sensitive man you know. I hope no one jumps in and pi??es on this thread, it would kill me!
... It seems to me that you are increasing the value of all of our vintage collections. By raising awareness you are doubtlessly indoctrinating some rookies into the world of vintage felt, ultimately increasing demand for a product, as we all know, in increasingly short supply...right? [huh]
Or I could be all wet!
...my .02

Pilgrim

One Too Many
I was wondering if that one went to a Lounge member. I watched it just to see what it would sell for.

I'm gonna wait to troll for size 7.25 hats until Douglas gets his collection set. He's been on a tear for weeks!

ideaguy

One Too Many
Douglas: Wonderful hat, I watched it soar away from my wallet...the cathedral is of course magnificent-quite fortunate to experience that-I'm not envious, just happy that another friend can appreciate history and design together; the cartouche on the wall, beneath the cross, with the skulls surmounted on either side- could you possibly send a photo of that out and try to get it translated?
I did a little bit, and whooo! it's not and invitation to come in and have tea...

I think you'll find it ties in with your avatar quite well, and the avatar lends itself to some serious scholarship- it has some components of the insignia of societies prevalent before the Inquisition, and if my reading has been correct, has ties to the Papacy that weren't very friendly. Quite interesting-I get the image of you in a Borsa and Sydney Greenstreet casting shadows down a cobbled, twilight Spanish alley...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe