Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spectator Shoes

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I won a pair of these Allan Edmonds Bel Airs on eBay last week, and if they're not unworn, they're as close as one could hope for. Like new, they are. And I got them for under $100.

But help me with the color -- what color can I get away with wearing these with? I usually have a good eye for color but these have me a bit flummoxed. And since I find spectators a bit on the flashy side (the good side of flashy, mind you), the last thing I want is to draw further attention to them by not wearing them in pleasing combinations with trousers and suits.

The brown's a bit brighter than it appears in that photo, hence the quandary. Sort of a caramel color.

aebelair.jpg

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Bruce Wayne said:
They look a lot better in person, honest.

I got a redone pair at Nordstrom rack. I like em, but don't love em. White leather I hate, and the style is not my favorite. Kind of 20s 30s i guess. I might sell them and get the remix. those I love.

skyvue said:
I won a pair of these Allan Edmonds Bel Airs on eBay last week, and if they're not unworn, they're as close as one could hope for. Like new, they are. And I got them for under $100.

But help me with the color -- what color can I get away with wearing these with? I usually have a good eye for color but these have me a bit flummoxed. And since I find spectators a bit on the flashy side (the good side of flashy, mind you), the last thing I want is to draw further attention to them by not wearing them in pleasing combinations with trousers and suits.

The brown's a bit brighter than it appears in that photo, hence the quandary. Sort of a caramel color.

aebelair.jpg

Wow those are neat. I wouldn't mind something similar to go with a tan to light brown camel hair jacket and ivory color flannel type pants.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
skyvue said:
I also think all warm colors as tan, beige and (some) browntones could match this shoes. I don't think they go with cold and dark greys and blues. But if you already got them...why don't you just try?

rikrdo

A-List Customer
Well...............
I've just spent the last 3 hours scouring this thread from the beginning and I wanted to say "Thanks" to all who have contributed here. I learned plenty !
Being the impatient guy I am, to say I wanted some spectators yesterday would be putting it mildly so to satisfy this demon I pulled the pull on a pair of the Botany500's from www.Blair.com
I also picked up another pair of Botanys for next to nothing.

Anywho...........
there are some interesting Stacy Adams Specs there if you are a 15 and like exotic leathers.
Some other decent deals as well and there is a code for free shipping to help make the decision easier.

Thanks again and I am keeping an eye on this thread for idears for my...........sigh..........next pair. :eek:

cookie

I'll Lock Up
rikrdo said:
Well...............
I've just spent the last 3 hours scouring this thread from the beginning and I wanted to say "Thanks" to all who have contributed here. I learned plenty !
Being the impatient guy I am, to say I wanted some spectators yesterday would be putting it mildly so to satisfy this demon I pulled the pull on a pair of the Botany500's from www.Blair.com
I also picked up another pair of Botanys for next to nothing.

Anywho...........
there are some interesting Stacy Adams Specs there if you are a 15 and like exotic leathers.
Some other decent deals as well and there is a code for free shipping to help make the decision easier.

Thanks again and I am keeping an eye on this thread for idears for my...........sigh..........next pair. :eek:

You must not have read the thread very welll 'cause you just made a big mistake....

DapperDuck

Familiar Face
cookie said:
You must not have read the thread very welll 'cause you just made a big mistake....

No one expects quality leather, construction, and fit such a low price. I think he is trying out spectators for the first time and will get some quality ones later.

rikrdo

A-List Customer
Yep.............
I surely dont expect these to be THE best ever, but they should keep me happy until I can score some AE's or a pair of Alden's for a song

J.J. Gittes

A-List Customer
Guttersnipe said:
Aw, that hurts. To make it worse, I'm about 90% sure I saw them at Viva Las Vegas...

Now that's a sin, such a fine pair of shoes :mad: . I was watching them since the moment they came up literally.

If anyone comes across a pair of size 8.5-10 captoes or spectators in brown and white ventilated or not, and you don't want them, give me a head up...;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe