Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spearhead B-10 Jacket, eBay

Guns3

New in Town
Hi,
I'm wondering if anyone here has 1st-hand experience with this jacket? $279.00 + shipping. Easy to find with 'B-10 jacket' on an eBay search.
Thanks, G3

Guns3

New in Town
My own reply:

Well,
I'm going to take the 50 views and no replys as, "No personal experience with this jacket..." from the members.
R, G3

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up

Vornholt

One of the Regulars
The Pike Brothers version is also considered a lesser replica, although an affordable close enough if that's what you're after.

KilroyCD

One Too Many
The Spearhead repro appears to have pocket flaps that are a wee bit too large, especially when compared to the repro from At The Front. Also the color appears to be too dark, but that could just be the photo.

Guns3

New in Town
Vornholt said:
The Pike Brothers version is also considered a lesser replica, although an affordable close enough if that's what you're after.

OK, I found it: a Pike Brs B-10 is $408.00, the Eastman is $684.00, Aero Leather is $538.00 and the Buzz Rickson is $504.00. Pike is $263.00 less than Eastman. Any additional comments?
R, G3

Baggers

Practically Family
Are you looking for the best repro available or looking for an inexpensive B-10? If the former, then go with Eastman or Buzz. If the latter and you live in the U.S., I wouldn't even consider the Spearhead offering when one can get At The Front's B-10 for $275 with free surface shipping within CONUS. Also, returning it will be a lot less problematic with ATF if it doesn't meet your expectations.

Cheers!

Guns3

New in Town
Thank you.
I have a Buzz Rickson Lion Uniform Company MA-1 Intermediate Flying Jacket and have found it to be an excellent copy of a 1950's flight jacket. So, that moves A BR B-10 up on the list.
The ATF B-10 is priced right, but it seems to me to have an odd lining; almost "mall-like" in apperance.
R, G3

Phantomfixer

Practically Family
Originality aside, I like the ATF liner. Alpaca, for me is tooooo itchy. But yet I love the 5 button GI wool sweaters. The real wool not the new acrylic sweater.

Guns3

New in Town
Phantomfixer said:
Originality aside, I like the ATF liner. Alpaca, for me is tooooo itchy. But yet I love the 5 button GI wool sweaters. The real wool not the new acrylic sweater.

I was in the Navy back when we could get that 5-button wool OD sweater for ship-board wear. I think I still have mine. G3

Guns3

New in Town
I wore mine shipboard, in bed, while we were in the Sea of Japan, to keep warm. Same time, up and around the ship, it was: nomex long johns, deck shirt, fight suit and G-1 for winter ops. Man, it was cold up there. G3

Baggers

Practically Family
Regarding ATF's B-10 -- this weekend only

ATF is having having a sale today through Monday, March 8th. 20% off all in-stock merchandise, so that knocks a hefty chunk off the cost of their version. Also, they are now offering this jacket without the AAF shoulder stencil.

The discount, plus the option of getting it "sterile," and free UPS ground shipping allows me to overlook the shaggy lining. My order has been placed.

Cheers!

Brettafett

One Too Many
I have had Buzz Rickson and Real McCoys B-10s, the so-called premium repros.
Both are excellent but the RM was a little more accurate, in my opinion.
But- I think the best one available right now, is that from Eastman Leather Clothing. It has all the details and the fit. Expensive, though.

+1
Eastman

I have an ELC B-10, true to my size with 1 inch added to sleeve and body. Its the only jacket I have kept, of all my A-2s, nylon FJs etc... its a keeper.

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
I've had three Eastman B-10 jackets (42R, 42L and 44R) and found them to be great replicas, but in truth I felt the need to size up to allow a bit of layering - I wear vintage 44 A-1/A-2 jackets.
If it's cold enough to wear an alpaca lining, a single layer underneath probably wouldn't be typical wear for me.
I now have an Eastman B-15 (46R), which is much less smart than the B-10, but far more practical (2 snapped hand warmer pockets, 2 huge interior pockets).
Again, like the B-10, it's a great replica with end zone twill shell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe