Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soviet pilot leather coats

krasno35

Familiar Face
Hello,

As no maker decided to make repro of these superb flying coats, I've decided to find leather and craftsman to make a little serie...let me know your thoughts about.:)

If someone interested to make one, let me know too.

Cheers
Jerome

pilotscopie.jpg
[/IMG]

krasno35

Familiar Face
ooopps, here they are.

The sleeve pilot insignia and the m1935 regulation lieutnant rank (3 enameled red squares).

set_brevet.jpg
[/IMG]

Jerome

krasno35

Familiar Face
A nice original portrait shot in August 1941 of lieutnant Svirin who destroyed 7 german aircrafts.

pilot1941.jpg
[/IMG]

krasno35

Familiar Face
I've found a tailor and leather craftsman in Armenia (where a friend of mine lives) who uses the exact sewing point...his sewing machine looked like an original!!:) :)

The inner part is in blue diagonal wool, like original. 2 inches thick padded between leather and liner.

Jerome

krasno35

Familiar Face
Here is one of the originals used to make the repro.
Note also the very rare PL 3 M parachute harness and the leather pre-war mapcase with specific pouches for navigation ruler and disk.

Jerome

mant3.jpg
[/IMG]

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Agreed. Please repro the map case too and let me know how much. Only, can you make sure it is just big enough to fit a ten inch netbook computer. I may be vintage, but I am a modern guy too.

matrioshka

One of the Regulars
Nice coat.

I want, in the worst way. Makes me want to go out and get a early pattern gymnastirka. Are those officer's boots or plain old sapogi?

I've never seen that map case outside of a book. And that's one heck of a quick release buckle on the parachute harness.

And I was thinking about a Veste de Rallye...

M

krasno35

Familiar Face
Hello and Happy New Year to all!

Thanks for comments. I will make more pictures of the iner and back of the coat.

About the mapcase: I will check if possible to reproduce but I hve serious doubt on it....one think sure, never a computer will be able to enter :)

Matrioska, will post more soviet airforces uniform if you want...most of prewar pattern and originals.

Jerome

krasno35

Familiar Face
Here is a view of the back...the Flash of camera (very cloudy here!) makes it more "orange" than it actually is

Jerome

coatback.jpg
[/IMG]

krasno35

Familiar Face
another viw of an original with a prewar leather helmet without radio, prewar goggles (copies of german fliegershutzebrille), leather gloves, parachute harness and mapcase

leathercoat1.jpg
[/IMG]

Jerome

BigHairyFinn

One of the Regulars
Really nice leather... mind me asking whether the price was reasonable?

BTW I've got an "u-boat" coat I could give up as a tailor's model piece...

krasno35

Familiar Face
Goggles are very difficult to find, especially pre-war. I've found these in a fly market in Russia some years ago...I've never seen other for sale since this time...

Jerome

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe