Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sources for rare 1940s movies on VHS/DVD/download?

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
Thanks greatly folks. I've emailed MDFrench, found several videos I like from that DVD dealer, and will investigate the TCM website more carefully to see if it's possible to set up an email reminder for any future showings of a movie not currently in their posted schedule.

[EDIT] Quigley, you posted yours the same time I did :) will definitely check that site!

Swing High,
- C H

carolinagirl

New in Town
Something I'd love to see on DVD is from the 1930s--those "Boy Friends" short films starring Mickey Daniels. They are so cute!

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Borders

You can either try your local Borsers Book Store or try http://www.bordersstores.com/index.jsp.
Good luck finding what you want. Some items just haven't been released on DVD yet or VHS at all. I had to wait 4 years before Fort Apache finally was released on DVD and have still been waiting for Robin Hood, Men in Tights to be released. Patience is a must in these ventures.

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally