Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Something to ask Santa for Christmas

Foofoogal

Banned
Something about those types of mugs just flat makes coffee taste better. You need a quantity dropdown on the page though.
Great stuff MK. :eusa_clap

Foofoogal

Banned
hmmm.. what does hmmm mean? hmmm?

We have 4 of the restaurant style mugs similar to the FL mug and trying to figure out if these are bigger than the ones I have. mine spill over at 8. oz and the FL ones state 10.0 ounce.
Makes for a better cup of coffee if so. I have to fill mine at home several times.
Curious really and truly why these make coffee taste better. Is it in the mind (as in reminding one of simpler days) or the roundness of the lip on the mug?
I have tons of coffee cups and mugs but we fight over the 4 mugs we have like this and end up washing them if they happen to be dirty in the dishwasher when we need them. I think this would be a great Christmas gift for anyone.
The ones on the site state they fit your hand. I wonder if this is part of it?

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Foofoogal said:
hmmm.. what does hmmm mean? hmmm?

We have 4 of the restaurant style mugs similar to the FL mug and trying to figure out if these are bigger than the ones I have. mine spill over at 8. oz and the FL ones state 10.0 ounce.
Makes for a better cup of coffee if so. I have to fill mine at home several times.
Curious really and truly why these make coffee taste better. Is it in the mind (as in reminding one of simpler days) or the roundness of the lip on the mug?
I have tons of coffee cups and mugs but we fight over the 4 mugs we have like this and end up washing them if they happen to be dirty in the dishwasher when we need them. I think this would be a great Christmas gift for anyone.
The ones on the site state they fit your hand. I wonder if this is part of it?

I agree with you. I have about two dozen of this style of coffee cups, with the narrow waist, and rounded lip. They came out of a diner that went out of business in the 1960s. Few have a maker's mark, and those that do, I can't find anything about the company.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld