Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SOME NEW HATS

Duck

Practically Family
Great looking hats

Douglas, you truly come up with some magnificent hats.
Good job!!!!!!!!!

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
GF,I would love to show all of my hats at one place. I have never seen them all together. It would be interesting.Perhaps someday.

Bud, the cream is truely lucious.

Thanks Duck and RBH, Its a lot of fun trying to getreally nice hats that are all together. Now if I could only find them in my natural size, that would be a big bonus:)

GS, I often find myself seeing great hats that I could never wear.I have dozens of pictures of hats that I did'nt win and others that would'nt fit and still more that I can't afford or are too far gone to be practical.

FF, What's a Mallory[huh]

Samsa, I employ techniques learned while living in not so good areas and hearing about friends getting robbed repeatedly. Bringing the girls never hurts though.

DOUGLAS

I failed to mention my latest Art Fawcett design. A rich brown body with a silver ribbon and a bound dimentionally cut brim. The "Hoosier" pretty cool I must say.
DSCN4574.jpg

DSCN4566.jpg

The pictures are'nt great but I assure you the hat is. I may try lowering the crown a fraction to see what that will look like.

Razzman

One Too Many
Douglas, that new Art Fawcett hat is a beauty. I like hats with a bound brim. If you don't mind my asking, what are the dimensions of your new Art Fawcett hat??

DOUGLAS

Hey Razzman, Crown 5-3/4" open
brim front and back are 2-3/4"
brim sides are 2-1/2"
ribbon is 19 ligne

ideaguy

One Too Many
Douglas- yet again, you've plucked the very best...have you ever considered
buying antiques seriously? If you can spot great antiques like you do hats...:D

analogist

One of the Regulars
Douglas, Weegee, et al.

That Hoosier is a teriffic design if I say so myself. Check out some other new
limited editions from Art's design studio such as Twentieth Century Limited, Orange Blossom Special, Blue Dahlia, Goodfellow, Cascade and more.

Hoosier has that special something that makes it look extra good on those who hail from The Empire State (myself included).

WEEGEE

Practically Family
INDIANA???

analogist
Hoosier has that special something that makes it look extra good on those who hail from The Empire State (myself included).

Hoosier |?ho? zh ?r| noun a native or inhabitant of Indiana. ORIGIN early 19th cent.: of unknown origin.

Its (itinit) funny that the "Hoosier" (a collaboration between Art and analogist) made in Oregon flown cross country to three Empire Staters has most likely not been anywheres close to the Hoosier State as of yet?

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Douglas -- wonderful hats! I just love the Mallory. The ribbon width and the style of bow are very cool [reminiscent of the ribbon treatment on the Stetson Playboy, I believe]. What is the width of the brim on that hat?

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
Its (itinit) funny that the "Hoosier" (a collaboration between Art and analogist) made in Oregon flown cross country to three Empire Staters has most likely not been anywheres close to the Hoosier State as of yet?

You can send them to me. I'll take great care of them:

Robert Weber
PO BOX 352
Wolcottville, INDIANA 46795

Thank you!

DOUGLAS

Jimmy, the brim width is 2-3/4".I thought it was smaller than that but it is. The crown in front is 4-1/2" and at the back 3-1/2". I usually don't care for that much of a rake but on this perticular hat it looks damn good.

Ideaguy, I think its better for me to stick with one obsession. If I started looking for other things I might need to get a divorce:eek:

Analogist and WEEGEE, The Hoosier is a terrific style and feel and in a color for the ages. I am sure this hat will make its way to its namesake in no time.
Art's new site is grand and I have perused the many styles available :eek: Yeah Vonwotan the jazzman might need to be my next.

DOUGLAS

some newly aquired hats

Hopefully they will be as good as they look.

46106104_tp.jpg

46497683_tp.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust