Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Some Aussie Art Deco Info

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Lowell Thomson vintage clothing exhibition looks very much like an exhibition I saw at benalla about four years ago. I think it was in a wing of the museum that has Ned kelly's green sash on display as well as a lot of Weary Dunlop memorabillia and WW2 displays.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Cookie, Thanks for posting this link. Cool vintage fashions by decade! I'd like to see more men's fashion but it's a very nice resource for the ladies. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I'd like a better view of the male manequin shown in this photo for the 1940's.
40s4.JPG

Mojito

One Too Many
Lovely, Cookie! I've seen some of Circa Vintage Clothing's collection pictured online - would love to see it in person.

Did anyone else catch last Friday's episode of Collectors, as mentioned in the Circa blog? I melted when the first dress they pulled out of the vintage clothing collection was a Lucile!

Fancy Mouse

Familiar Face
Mojito said:
Lovely, Cookie! I've seen some of Circa Vintage Clothing's collection pictured online - would love to see it in person.

Did anyone else catch last Friday's episode of Collectors, as mentioned in the Circa blog? I melted when the first dress they pulled out of the vintage clothing collection was a Lucile!

Oh, I'm disappointed now. Sometimes I watch Collectors, but I didn't last Friday.

Thanks for the link, Cookie. They're great photos.

Miss 1929

Lots of Deco action down under!

I have always wanted to go to the Art Deco Week in Napier, NZ, for example... it is huge! Have any of you folks down there gone to it?

Mojito

One Too Many
Going back again next year, too! Are you still considering popping over, Benny? Miss Sis has done it as well.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Benny Holiday said:
The Lowell Thomson vintage clothing exhibition looks very much like an exhibition I saw at benalla about four years ago. I think it was in a wing of the museum that has Ned kelly's green sash on display as well as a lot of Weary Dunlop memorabillia and WW2 displays.

Attention Benny H please empty your box mate there is a PM for you.

C

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Attention Benny Holiday- your mail box is full

Benny Holiday said:

C

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Mojito said:
Going back again next year, too! Are you still considering popping over, Benny? Miss Sis has done it as well.

I'm an old timer - been a few times but can't go every year now I live in the UK. Hopefully in 2009.....

The link has some nice pics. I'd like to see the collection in-situ, especially anything Pre-War.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Miss 1929 said:
I have always wanted to go to the Art Deco Week in Napier, NZ, for example... it is huge! Have any of you folks down there gone to it?

I've done it as well, few years ago now though. And I have slightly further to travel now than I used to from Auckland ;)

Benny Holiday

cookie said:

C

Cookie, I'm back in town after a few days away and my message box has been cleared! Please re-send the PM.

Mojito, I wish I could go next year, but it looks like I'll be travelling to the UK via New Zealand at the end of April for a band tour. Unfortunately, all my funds will be going into bankrolling the tour, I won't recoup the money until halfway through the trip so that means Napier will have to wait another year. :(

I'll be looking forward to your photos, though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe