Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SOLD: Vintage Royal Steston 7 3/8 Sold

Roninjedi

One of the Regulars
I picked this fedora up last week online, but it turned out to be way too small. I'm hoping someone around here has use for it. It is brown with a brown 2" ribbon and a 2 1/8" upper-welted brim edge. The sweatband seems good but the lining is yellowed and starting to come loose in the hat.

Asking $50 obo. Free shipping to US addresses. $15 to international addresses. Prefer payment via PayPal, but will also accept Money Order.

3926621612_aba7ed5ba8.jpg

3925837371_cc1405396f.jpg

3926621902_dab93792de.jpg

3926622050_40697f5be8.jpg

3926622204_2225691c31_m.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2459/3925837929_0eff2f53f3.jpg

Roninjedi

One of the Regulars
Nah. It wasn't intentionally misrepresented. She only saw 3/8 on the tag and didn't understand that it meant 7 3/8. She gave me the length and width measurements and I took the average, divided by pi, and got something that I hoped would work. It didn't and she stated up front that she wouldn't accept returns. I knew this going in. I was just too eager to save a buck and hoped for the best. [huh]

jpbales

Practically Family
well...

at least you have the lounge here to cover you in situations like these. This has happened to me before as well.
The hat won't fit me, by the way, so sorry. Good luck selling it!

bbshriver

One of the Regulars
Is this still available?

Just to be clear, it is in-fact a 7-3/8 size, not smaller?
I usually wear a 7-1/4, but may actually be a tad bigger (always a toss up between 1/4 and 3/8 at the hat store), so this should work for me if it is 3/8

Roninjedi

One of the Regulars
bbshriver said:
Is this still available?

Just to be clear, it is in-fact a 7-3/8 size, not smaller?
I usually wear a 7-1/4, but may actually be a tad bigger (always a toss up between 1/4 and 3/8 at the hat store), so this should work for me if it is 3/8

HI! Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Yep, it's still waiting for you. The tag under the sweatband definitely says 7 3/8. I just measured the sweatband using the masking tape method and I got 23 inches around the inside. According to Miller Hats website that is definitely 7 3/8. You might want to measure around your head just to be certain. Let me know if you're still interested and I'll send you my PayPal address.

bbshriver

One of the Regulars
Thanks,
Let me see if I can get a measurement of myself. I suspect it could be shrunk slightly if neccissary though.

It's a bit tricky for me, cause an average off the shelf 7-1/4 will give me a headache over time, but a 7-3/8 will blow off in the wind.. so usually i just go with the 7-1/4 and take it off from time to time to relieve pressure, rather than having it blow away. But if I got this one to shrink a bit it could be perfect! Plus my main experience is with cowboy hats with a much larger brim, the Fedora brim may prove less flight-prone.

Also, do you know/have an idea when this hat was made?

Thanks,

bbshriver said:
... so usually i just go with the 7-1/4 and take it off from time to time to relieve pressure, rather than having it blow away....
I've always preferred to get slightly larger & put felt strips behind the sweatband until the hat draws to my noggin, especially with modern lids. Starting off with stretching needed is something I reserve for hard to find vintage. Some of my larger modern felts have drawn in & require a stretch now & then even tho they started out needing strips. JMHO...

bbshriver

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the suggestion, oddly enough I'd never thought of that.

I have what I think is a 7-1/4 "Long Oval" (I seem to have removed every size indication from it! Even under the sweatband) Resistol straw hat that fits just a tad big that I might try this with.

Roninjedi

One of the Regulars
SOLD

bbshriver said:
Thanks,
Let me see if I can get a measurement of myself. I suspect it could be shrunk slightly if neccissary though.

Also, do you know/have an idea when this hat was made?

Thanks,

Try putting pieces of felt or paper towel under the sweatband for loose hats.

I don't know when this was made. There's a thread for dating Stetsons by liner but I didn't go through that completely. Someone said '50s when I first posted it on "Post New Hats Here".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe