Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SOLD Size 61 (7 5/8) Taupe Borsalino Velour $125 shipped

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This hat is a bit stingier than I like and fits just slightly too small so I'm putting it back out there for someone else to enjoy. The felt is very light weight for a velour. I have a Selentino velour and a Huckel velour and they are both much heavier than this. It's actually one of the lightest felts I've handled which is interesting considering that it's a velour. The crown is very straight sided.

Measurements:
Brim front: 2 3/4"
Brim sides and back: 2 5/8"
Crown at highest point when open: 5 1/2"

There are no moth bites, stains or anything like that. It was in new condition when I purchased it and has only been worn a couple of times.

The size label says 7 5/8 and 62 which don't match up and comparing this to my numerous Akubra's this is definitely not a size 62 but feels like a 61 to me.

IMG_8651.JPG

IMG_8652.JPG

IMG_8653.JPG

IMG_8654.JPG

IMG_8655.JPG

IMG_8657.JPG

IMG_8658.JPG

IMG_8659.JPG

Last edited:

Ande1964

Practically Family
Oh... crud. If the brim is 2 3/4 in the front, that's actually not stingy enough for me!

Anj

casechopper

Because of the amount of curve in the flanging it actually looks much smaller than a normal 2 3/4" brim would to me. I have a few hats with 2 3/4" brims that aren't flanged so deeply and I didn't realize until measuring that this was anywhere close to those in length. I had assumed this was closer to 2".

Regarding your comment "The size label says 7 5/8 and 62 which don't match up ". It does because that is a British size 7 5/8 not a US size 7 5/8.
62 = Punti 7 1/2, British 7 5/8, US 7 3/4
61 = Punti 7, British 7 1/2, US 7 5/8

The fact that this hat is tighter than a 62 could be for other reasons but the sizing does match up.
My Alessandria has the 7 1/2, 7, 61 sizes which means it is a US 7 5/8.

casechopper

Thanks gtdean48. That helps to clear it up. I hadn't realized that the 7 1/2 was a punti size. I'd thought it was the British size.

I had another Borsalino awhile back that was a size 62 and also fit a bit small so my guess would be that if you're accustomed to Borsalino sizes than this will fit as you expect a size 62 Borsalino to fit. If you're accustomed to Akubra's sizing than this would be much closer to a size 61.

casechopper

Hi KyleK,
I can take paypal or USPS money orders. Send me a pm and I'll send you the details for payment.

Thanks,
Sam

casechopper

This hat is now not sold!
I made a mistake on the measurements and when the buyer has decided they do not want it with the brim size as it is.

The actual measurements for the brim are:
2 1/8" on the sides
2 3/16" front and back.

carldelo

One Too Many
Hi Casechopper - those smaller brim measurements are right in my wheelhouse, so I'm very interested. Sending a PM now....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe