Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So what's in a correct shaving kit

Michaelson

One Too Many
Excellent suggestion, Mycroft. A lot of guys aren't aware of either that product, or the old fashion steptic pencil/power for cuts and nicks. Regards! Michaelson

Mr. Jason

Familiar Face
Alum Block

Mycroft said:
To add in your kits, put Nick Relief Powder, its made with sulfer I think, it works wonders. They use it in all the old time barber shops near my house.

I ordered an alum block from Caswell-Massey it works very well. You can also find powdered alum sometimes in grocey stores with the pickling stuff but I've never used it.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: If you use a double edge saftey razor get Merkur blades.

Mr. Jason

Familiar Face
traveling brush and mug

I got a Caswell-Massey catalog in the mail yesterday and noticed they had brushes and mugs for traveling. The brushes come with a cover for the brushy part and the mug is really a small plastic bowl with a top. I don't travel enough to warrant getting them but it would be nice if you were often on the road.

Another note about a traveling shaving kit. I carry all kinds of shit in mine, first aid kit, corkscrew, ear plugs, etc. Every time I go on a trip and think "I don't want to carry all that stuff" I end up wishing I had it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe