Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

So is a vasectomy.
When I was approaching the date when I'd get mine done back in 2001 I didn't mention it to anybody at work because I didn't want to have to put up with what I was sure would be a steady stream of bad jokes. I just told my immediate supervisor that I had a doctor's appointment and needed to take Friday off and left it at that, figuring I'd be in good shape by the time I returned on Monday. I thought I had it made, but I wasn't at work for 10 minutes that Monday before the President of the company approached my desk, said "Good morning", and followed that up with, "Listen, it's none of my business, and you don't have to tell me if you don't want to, but did you get snipped on Friday?" At that point we had been working together for about 14 years, and in addition to our supervisor/employee work relationship we were friends--hell, we had gone golfing with a couple of other co-workers almost every Saturday for two to three years--so his question was not at all out-of-line and I told him the truth. To my surprise he replied not with a joke, but by telling me about when he got "snipped" years earlier. As word spread throughout the facility I replayed this experience over the next three or four days with several other co-workers who were also friends, and was surprised by the number of guys I worked with who had been neutered. I did hear a few good-natured jokes, but they were from the co-workers who hadn't experienced the procedure. :p

I didn't tell anyone at work either. Considering most of them were/are females, I didn't want to give any false signals.
I don't think that's a conversation you would need or want to have with a female co-worker anyway, unless she was in a supervisory capacity and needed to be informed of the days you wouldn't be at work. My wife had worked for that company for about five years before I started working there, so everyone already knew I was married and unavailable.

I don't think that's a conversation you would need or want to have with a female co-worker anyway, unless she was in a supervisory capacity and needed to be informed of the days you wouldn't be at work. My wife had worked for that company for about five years before I started working there, so everyone already knew I was married and unavailable.
Probably right about that Alex. These days, a "Hi how are you?" or a "Good morning" is all you are allowed to say these days.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
No matter if it’s an empty restaurant, a sparsely populated movie theater or wide open beach...
The person(s) arriving just after you do will sit directly behind or right next to you.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but the same thing has been known to happen parking lots.

You find an isolated spot, quite far from the doors of the building you want to enter, and despite there being many other isolated empty spots, someone inevitably parks right next to you, and too close, as well. Annoying.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Or the converse of it, when there's a row of parking spaces and people refuse to park close together so that they're spread out across multiple spaces to the point where there are five cars in a space meant to hold nine.

I've seen that in parking areas without lines to designate the spots, which is rare around here, but probably more common where you are. But when there's lines, there's the rare oh-my-car-is-so-important guy that parks considerably over the lines. I've even seen a few parked in 4 spaces by the oh-my-car-is-so-important-and-I'm-so-important types.

car-space.jpg

Last edited:

HanauMan

Practically Family
I've seen that in parking areas without lines to designate the spots, which is rare around here, but probably more common where you are. But when there's lines, there's the rare oh-my-car-is-so-important guy that parks considerably over the lines. I've even seen a few parked in 4 spaces by the oh-my-car-is-so-important -and-I'm-so-important types.

View attachment 117338

Good for this driver. How are you expected to open a door properly in these narrow parking spaces. Not all drivers are young, thin and agile. What if you need to remove a childs seat from the back or whatever. Or the driver or passenger may have a disability and use a walking aid. Blame the folk trying to cram as many cars into a parking lot as possible. I don't have a problem with these drivers, personally.

Last edited:

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
Always fun at relatives kids sports events when they do this THEN start shouting as loud as possible!

Being loud and disruptive seems to be a given in my experience! I used to try and ignore these types of folks, but now I just relocate once it becomes evident it’s going to be annoying.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Good for this driver. How are you expected to open a door properly in these narrow parking spaces. Not all drivers are young, thin and agile. What if you need to remove a childs seat from the back or whatever. Or the driver or passenger may have a disability and use a walking aid. Blame the folk trying to cram as many cars into a parking lot as possible. I don't have a problem with these drivers, personally.

Wait, are you actually applauding the driver of this white car (I don't see any sarcasm emoticons)? To me, that is an epitome of lack of consideration.

I've seen that in parking areas without lines to designate the spots, which is rare around here, but probably more common where you are. But when there's lines, there's the rare oh-my-car-is-so-important guy that parks considerably over the lines. I've even seen a few parked in 4 spaces by the oh-my-car-is-so-important-and-I'm-so-important types.

View attachment 117338
I'm sure this driver thought he/she was "protecting" his/her hunk-o-junk by parking it that way, but around here he/she would do just as well by painting a big red "bull's eye" on it because it would definitely become the target of angered other drivers.

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
I frequently see some rather spry & fit looking people emerging from cars parked in the handicapped spaces. A special place in hell awaits able bodied people who use these.

I agree. But, then, there are those with invisible illnesses. A lot look "spry," as you say. They don't all hop out and get a wheelchair out of the trunk.

HanauMan

Practically Family
Wait, are you actually applauding the driver of this white car (I don't see any sarcasm emoticons)? To me, that is an epitome of lack of consideration.

No, not applauding the driver but at the same time it doesn't bother me. I'm sure he/she had a reason to park like that. I see that the cars are British; if you've lived here as long as I have you get used to the British doing things in a different, and maybe more self centered, way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82