Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Maybe America has just discovered the joys of Guacamole. :D
One of the Brits favourites is mushy peas. They are garden peas, left to soak in salted water overnight, then, when cooked, they go mushy. It's a great favourite with fish & chips.
A snake oil salesman of a politician, hadn't better name him, tried to do, that: "I'm just a working class lad," really. With all the paparazzi in tow, he enters a fish & chip shop, bewildered as to what to do, he sees the mushy peas and says: "I'll try the guacamole." The press crucified him the next day.

Surely, northern-hemisphere is meant.
For example, in 2014, the University of Lübeck examined 100.00 blood-tests of North-Germans and 80% got a lack of Vitamin D, even 50 to 60% of them a heavy lack.

In Middle- and South-Germany, the general lack of Vitamin D is guessed on at least 60% (Robert-Koch Institut).

Just an FYI, but the whole of North America is in the northern hemisphere.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
When your doctor told you that you have to lose 15 pounds and everybody is talking about mushy peas, milkshakes, avocados, and apparently what is a French fry sandwich.

Thanks guys...

It's possible to lose 15 lbs. and
enjoy these foods if you eat in
moderation.
The trick is having the will power
to do it.

I find that if I push the plate
away or stop eating for a minute or two.
My appetite is satisfied.

Good Luck !

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I've lost 4-5 pounds so far, which is pretty good (I started my "eat less" and "walk more" diet November 1st). It's just an issue that my BMI was 21.9, and to keep my lymphedema risk low, it's important to keep it at least below 20.5 and preferably below 19.5.

My goal is to lose another 4-5 pounds in December. I'm on track for that, I hope.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
I've lost 4-5 pounds so far, which is pretty good (I started my "eat less" and "walk more" diet November 1st). It's just an issue that my BMI was 21.9, and to keep my lymphedema risk low, it's important to keep it at least below 20.5 and preferably below 19.5.

My goal is to lose another 4-5 pounds in December. I'm on track for that, I hope.

Next week I expect a post that you lost some more pounds.

"I Can't ".....is not an option! :mad:

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
When Lizzie comes on sheeplady, she'll tell you about mouth watering sausages.......we're here to help. :D

Right now, she's probably having a thick portion of chicken-fried steak,
mash potatoes & gravy, corn on the cob, peas,carrots.
Couple of rolls of cornbread with real butter, cucumber salad and
a pitcher of beer.
Next is pumpkin, peach & pecan pies with whipped creme
& coffee.

A small bowl of her favorite ice cream to follow.
(She's on a diet) :)

Last edited:

EngProf

Practically Family
Right now, she's probably having a thick portion of chicken-fried steak,
mash potatoes & gravy, corn on the cob, peas,carrots.
Couple of rolls of cornbread with real butter, cucumber salad and
a pitcher of beer.
Next is pumpkin, peach & pecan pies with whipped creme
& coffee.

A small bowl of her favorite ice cream to follow.
(She's on a diet) :)
That menu sounds very good and more Southern than Northern, except for the beer. We (Southerners) would prefer sweet iced tea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HiredGun