Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So, I got myself an A2(Eastman)

Edward Reed

A-List Customer
I was a bit torn between Eastman and BK. BK's liberty HH finish wear made be curious. Star Sportswear was my 2nd choice, but I would definitely would've needed size 40 on that. This is Eastman's in house A2 called Slender model in seal brown. The new leather doesn't really bother me much because I got an heavy steer hide half belt about a month ago, compared to that A2 is nothing.:p .

I know Goodwear is the most regarded one, but they were out of my budget too. I wanted to go with the cheapest option just in case tings doesn't fit they way I wanted.

incredible jacket! You chose... wisely! Ya Goodwear is out of my range too but I got mine second hand at half price (not to mention skipping over the 2 year wait list.) I was lucky in that HistoryPreservations had an Eastman Star in my size in stock so no wait there either. now I wait for cooler weather! LOL!

Asaha

Familiar Face
incredible jacket! You chose... wisely! Ya Goodwear is out of my range too but I got mine second hand at half price (not to mention skipping over the 2 year wait list.) I was lucky in that HistoryPreservations had an Eastman Star in my size in stock so no wait there either. now I wait for cooler weather! LOL!
I was lucky too, they seems to have stock already in my size so got mine within few days. Perfect weather here in Ireland for jackets. Enjoy yours too.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That jacket is lovely and it fits you very well Asaha. I had to take one of my A2s to a tailor to get a fit that nice.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Hello Everyone,

I think I can contain myself after this. Some of you might know that that I got my civilian half belt probably a month ago and I have been wearing that since, but A2 was always back of my head, so I pulled the trigger on one. There are so many variety of A2 cuts, that I went with Eastman slender(size 38) against everyone suggestion of choosing size 40.

Now, for the fit, I don't know if it looks tight to you, but there's room even for a light jumper. Yes, it's a bit restrictive coz of the high armhole, but I have no plan on playing rugby wearing it.

Now that I have a cafe racer, half belt and an A2, I think I can grow old with those.

Here's couple of fit pic (don't mind the cap :p)
Nothing wrong with Eastmans 'house' jackets, they have improved a mint since mine was made back in the 80s. The original makers are for those who require a more authentic fit and details, but to be honest whats the point of all those details if the fit does not fit so to speak but the house does, and this looks just right on you.
You say you can "grow old with those", well stay off the pies and you may just make it :)
As for the hat, er well now, ever heard of Ernie, the fastest Milkman in the west? Put some studs and a length of toilet chain on it just like some old Rockers did in the 60s, then put on your bike jacket and get on a Triton and off you go on the A20 to Brands Hatch and Johnson's Cafe.
https://www.facebook.com/Johnsons-Cafe-A20-West-Kingsdown-87045380492/

Asaha

Familiar Face
Nothing wrong with Eastmans 'house' jackets, they have improved a mint since mine was made back in the 80s. The original makers are for those who require a more authentic fit and details, but to be honest whats the point of all those details if the fit does not fit so to speak but the house does, and this looks just right on you.
You say you can "grow old with those", well stay off the pies and you may just make it :)
As for the hat, er well now, ever heard of Ernie, the fastest Milkman in the west? Put some studs and a length of toilet chain on it just like some old Rockers did in the 60s, then put on your bike jacket and get on a Triton and off you go on the A20 to Brands Hatch and Johnson's Cafe.
https://www.facebook.com/Johnsons-Cafe-A20-West-Kingsdown-87045380492/
Well said there @rocketeer :p

Brettafett

One Too Many
Very nice jacket and perfect fit. Looking forward to seeing how it wears in!
Well said Rocketeer x 2 ;)
Also, after owning jackets from pretty much everyone, I wouldn't class ELC under Goodwear... On the same small field.

Last edited:

Asaha

Familiar Face
Very nice jacket and perfect fit. Looking forward to seeing how it wears in!
Well said Rocketeer x 2 ;)
Also, after owning jackets from pretty much everyone, I wouldn't class ELC under Goodyear... On the same small field.
Thanks @Brettafett , I have seen many of your post on A2, especially the RW 1401p. That thing is beauty.
I have nothing to compare against, other jackets I own are buttery smooth lambskin and super heavy steer hide, so this HH was very welcomed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld