Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Snobbery in the Lounge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

surely

A-List Customer
HoosierDaddy said:
You have all gone waaay over my head with this elitist back n' forth gobbleygook...but I suppose that was the plan. But I'm callin' you on it! You snobs...!
HD BUSTED that was the plan now you gone and screwed it all up.[huh]

mtechthang said:
Filthy hippies is a redundancy (was one) ;) but smoking dope was optional!! Also, arguing existential philosophy seems an oxymoron!!!

But what I really enjoyed was the image I got (not your problem, James, it is my screwed up sense of humor but worth sharing!) from the sentence "The non-sequitors (sic) sitting back, smoking a cigar". lol lol lol lol

Now that's funny, right 'dere. I don't care who you are!

You are right.:eusa_doh: Filthy Hippies is a redundancy. Thanks for catching that one.
I am still sitting here with the cigar. :cool2:

Jovan

Suspended
Miss Neecerie said:
Sorry....but I would personally really much rather discuss actual vintage things, then to discuss why people -think- they are better then others....either here or elsewhere.

I save my personal mental contemplation for close friends.
lol

The Dame

One of the Regulars
jamespowers said:
lol lol lol lol lol That explains a lot of this thread. lol lol lol

Nuh-uh. Sadly, my last 'exposure' was in the Netherlands almost three years ago. You aren't going to dismiss me with that. shakeshead I was following your lead and trying to lighten things up. Do you need a 'Does Not Play Well With Others' t-shirt? I hear all the snobs are wearing them ... :p

The Dame said:
Nuh-uh. Sadly, my last 'exposure' was in the Netherlands almost three years ago. You aren't going to dismiss me with that. shakeshead I was following your lead and trying to lighten things up. Do you need a 'Does Not Play Well With Others' t-shirt? I hear all the snobs are wearing them ... :p

I don't wear T-shirts. They are the uniform of the street rabble. Really. (sniffs)
:p :p :p

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
surely said:
I would like to know what image you have of a hippy.

Surely,

If you hadn't noticed, jamespowers inserts a reference to "filthy hippies" quite often. Not sure why he feels a need to do so; it seems to be his own on-going version of snobbery. :p

Cheers,
Tom

Tango Yankee said:
Surely,

If you hadn't noticed, jamespowers inserts a reference to "filthy hippies" quite often. Not sure why he feels a need to do so; it seems to be his own on-going version of snobbery. :p

Cheers,
Tom

countryjoe_jimmarshall.jpg

Is that Country Joe music I hear playing int he background?:p :p :p

surely

A-List Customer
This in reference to the photo of Country Joe.
See that guy in the background looking up? That looks like JamesPowers.lol
By the by, the guy standing next to him is John Sebastien of The Lovin Spoonful.

The Dame

One of the Regulars
jamespowers said:
Calling cards are for posers and thoise that are not instantly recognizable. Seriously dear, who needs to advertise? (sniff, sniff):p :p :p

*Haughty tone of voice* (think Aunt Augusta in The Importance of Being Earnest) In some circles, my dear fellow, if you didn't need a calling card you were notorious and would be banned from all respectable drawing rooms and polite society. A real gentleman does not presume his reputation precedes him and when he calls, he always leaves his card. Harumph. ;)

The Dame said:
*Haughty tone of voice* (think Aunt Augusta in The Importance of Being Earnest) In some circles, my dear fellow, if you didn't need a calling card you were notorious and would be banned from all respectable drawing rooms and polite society. A real gentleman does not presume his reputation precedes him and when he calls, he always leaves his card. Harumph.

(Thurston Howell the III voice) If they don't know me then they must be that new money class. Clearly nuevo riche at the utmost. Clearly street rabble who must ask the price of something. How gauche! (sniff ,sniff, sniff) :p :p :p

surely

A-List Customer
jamespowers said:
(Thurston Howell the III voice) If they don't know me then they must be that new money class. Clearly nuevo riche at the utmost. Clearly street rabble who must ask the price of something. How gauche! (sniff ,sniff, sniff) :p :p :p
What's all this sniffing, is it snuff or something more interesting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe