Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slap!

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
But certainly the flip side in today's society is, "Thank god the kid's got shoes on!"

I think that's the point Feraud was making. I agree with you MC, but when you can't go to a funeral without seeing at least one vulture in jeans and crocs, it's hard to imagine a world where folks wear suits at all.

I tried posting this before but seems to have disappeared!

I think we're reading off the same page here. Overall standards have declined to the point where any attempt at looking civilized is to be applauded, but surely we can go just that extra step?

I posted elsewhere about going to the library for a reading with my little girls. I was the only adult, male or female, not wearing shorts and sneakers with no socks (indeed, the only other person wearing socks was a boy of about 7). But I didn't stop at wearing a collared shirt, I took the time to TUCK IT IN! How many people will you see today like this: shoes, socks, chinos or dress pants, collared shirt - LEFT HANGING OUT! This is considered "dressed up".

Same with young Mr. Radcliff - takes the time to wear a suit, but it doesn't fit properly and he then thinks a button down collar is a plus for the shirt.

Close to the finish line means just that - you're still not there yet!

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
very diplomatic. but there are 2 points:

-radcliff is a celebrity and therefore a public person. we don't have to be sooo careful with him. the yellow press will probably write worse things about him. it's part of the game and celebrities get paid for their fame. not only for their acting skills.

-if it was an off the rack suit we wouldn't bother. but a tailor should know.

MikeBravo

One Too Many
Better?

article-1198775-05A91E6A000005DC-934_196x593.jpg

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Radcliffe is applauded for wearing a suit to such an event, but yeah, that suit is ill fitting. Also, it seems to cling to him like the fabric is wet. But, at least he wore a suit.

Cheers!

Dan

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Some guys can wear a plastic sack and look the part, sadly not Mr. R. There are issues with the suit, but if he had been suited and booted by Saville Row's finest, he still lacks the confidence to carry off 'the look.' Maybe he should have a look in that hex catalogue of his.
Seems like I owe Daniel an apology, just had an email, the picture in it was too gross to show here, so here's the link, at your own peril.
Warning, not suitable for wimps, woosies, cissies, trainspotters, those with a pacemaker and anyone of a nervous disposition.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...vives-flamingo-look-new-Superheavy-video.html

Last edited:
Hmmmmm, I fear that Mick Jagger is the wrong chap to pick on when it comes to style. I challenge anyone to display a more unique and idiosynchratic take on male dress (isn't this a rather nice definition of "style"?) than Jagger. Especially swaggering around the stage in baby pink Tommy Nutter!

Along with Freddy Mercury and Bowie, certainly the trifecta of 70s British style.

bk

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I take your point. The whole band, really, are/were up to the gunwales with style.

bk
Cough, cough, Charlie? Style?
Some of you might, but wouldn't ever admit it, have some of David Johanson's records, when he was the lead singer of the heavy metal band,: The New York Dolls. Think David can't do style? Think on, think, Buster Poindexter: Oh for the confidence to wear a tux like that, albeit for stage purposes only.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrhf_zgtmAg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mismichael